Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:09:01 PM

Author Topic: six phase stepper reprogram?  (Read 2819 times)

six phase stepper reprogram?
« on: March 16, 2008, 05:20:03 PM »
Is it possible to use the signal  for a six wire stepper to drive a six switch inverter bridge? this would solve my salvage the simodrive problem.I am also thinking of the small pic boards for robotic hobbyists.But I couldnt program one. Any input thanks Al

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: six phase stepper reprogram?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:37:34 AM »
A bit late in the day to come on this  one, but I hate to see a 0 on replies.What is is exactly you are thinking of.

Something to do with a six wire motor. I have just been wiring up a new drive, which is four wire, and the diagram shows a six wire motor wired to four wires, by ignoring the centre wire of each set. - so you can use what is now I think a standard four wire stepper driver. My 8 wire motors are wired in series to a four wire driver.

Now I read your post again, and have my brain switched on, I think this might be something to do with trying to drive an inverter for your spindle drive.

I cannot see where the small pic boards for hobbyists fit in, although I have done a fair bit with PIC chips
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
Re: six phase stepper reprogram?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »
Thank you for your reply.What i am trying to do is this.I have a old 610 simodrive with a good DC bus and three phase AC  inverters.I would like to lose the ancient control and drive the inverters directly.This takes a six switch bridge driver.Or six interleaved pwm signals.I did find DSPIC board at www.futurlec.com that would do it with commutation.But its far above my skills to write the code.Currently the project is scouring the pic freeware but no prize yet.Thank you for any input Al