Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:09 AM

Author Topic: Problem on opening Mach 3  (Read 2927 times)

Problem on opening Mach 3
« on: March 15, 2008, 08:56:47 AM »
I have installed Mach 3 and from the moment i open the programme all my motors turn a step every few seconds and I cannot for the life of me stop them.

When I run a G code it all works fine but a few seconds after the g code is finished the motors start turning again every few seconds.

Can anyone help please?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Problem on opening Mach 3
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »
Hi, Hunnam

If your DRO's aren't moving, Then it must be some other program in the background on your computer.

Did you Re-Boot your computer after installing Mach3 ?

Run the Driver Test, It's in C:\mach3\  folder.

Re-Install Mach3.

May need to referr to the Optimization Doc. hear  http://www.machsupport.com/optimisation%20XP.txt

Thanks, Chip
Re: Problem on opening Mach 3
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 10:18:24 PM »
Hunnam:

Check your electrical cables.  I had "twitchy," motors for a long time.  Ran fine, but when not running code the motors would jerk.  In addition the wireless mouse I use would occasionally not pickup all the moves.  Never could figure it out.  One day I was rearranging things on my bench and noticed a big difference in the mouse response.  My supply cords are long I had coiled them to prevent dangling.  When I moved the coiled electrical supply cords away from the wires running to my motors the twitching stopped.

Bob @ BobsShop - If a problem seems like it could be caused by some sort of electrical function - it usually is.