Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:36:54 PM

Author Topic: Fanuc-O ld school  (Read 37027 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Fanuc-O ld school
« on: March 13, 2008, 01:25:36 AM »
Im makeing a screen set for the Hurco. I want to mimic the feel of of a Fanuc control and not necessarily the look. The navagation will be like a Fanuc regardless. If any one wants the look of a Fanuc, I may finish it. I'm still playing with buttons as you will see in the pics. If not, I'll just go with a color scheme I like. I have attached a few screen shots to help explain.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Fanuc-O ld school
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 01:50:48 AM »
More

Brett
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 11:31:51 AM by Chaoticone »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 12:22:47 AM »
Still pecking

Brett
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 12:28:31 AM by Chaoticone »

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 01:21:36 AM »
Coming along nicely. I really like the LED's inside the buttons.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 01:40:30 AM »
Thanks Sam,
      This is a hard way of doing it. The buttons are actually leds. The leds in the corners are drawn to give the illision of a glow. The lettering needs to be below the level the light is in for them to look just right. Otherwise looks like the text is on top of the light. So, you have to do each button twice, one with glow, one with out. Then I export as trans. png then import to make the two state led. If I don't export then import, the glow from the bright shows on the left of the dim. so I can't draw both states of the led at once. Might be able to crop the bright? Think it will skew it though. Any way, then I make a 1 pix wide box of outline of each different color led (dim led). Save it as a transparent png. and that is what ends up being the actual button. Shhhuuuuuuuu. Bad thing is, looks like I will have to do it all again. Should have made the bottm of all color leds (square) dark grey to black like the background of  areas those will be. I missed that. The original has a fine grey line between each button.  >:(

Brett

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 02:36:31 AM »
A famous quote from Paul Harvey comes to mind...."And now you know......The REST of the story"  ;D  :D  ;D  :D
Seriously though, it does look good. Maybe when your done with it, somebody will take it and make a "used and abused" version of it. You know, dirt on the rarely used keys and clean worn parts on the most used keys. A bit of screen burn. Maybe a Y-axis button that you hafta press between 3 and 10 times to get to function. A taped on sticky note with some sort of ink pen instructions written on it thats faded and stained because its been there since the previous owner put it there 10 years ago.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 02:50:28 AM »
LOL, sounds just like the one in the pic. Figured out a short cut for the lines inbetween buttons and almos know how I will make the traverse button and locate the axis buttons around it. What you think about it?

Brett
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:52:12 AM by Chaoticone »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 03:02:37 AM »
Oh yeah, a side note. The whole gray area on the real controller is near perfect size to my 19 in touch screen. The buttons are .75" as the originals are. Everything will be the same size as the real one. Since I will mount hard wired e-stop and fro dial and don't need the letter pad it allowed room for the tool path display (scaled to my table). Something the fanuc didn't even have.  :)

Brett

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 07:17:16 PM »
looking good  :)

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 10:59:07 PM »
Thanks Graham. I haven't got it all worked out yet, but on this screen set, the only thing that will ever change is the the info in what is meant to be the G-code window as the industrials do. All the buttons will keep their functionality in all screens that apply and all will remain visible and navigation will be through the page and cursor up and down keys. There will be no need for a fly out jog pendant. 

Brett