Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:37:52 AM

Author Topic: Greetings From CNC Teknix Australia  (Read 12098 times)

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
  • Fussy? Yep! That's Me ;)
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
Greetings From CNC Teknix Australia
« on: May 07, 2006, 09:58:30 PM »
Hi All,

Looking forward to being part of this community. I'm new to Mach  ???, but wanting to fast track my learning curve ;D . "BIG" Thanks to Art and Ben for all their help so far.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:00:11 AM by ynneb »
"A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Greetings From Down Under
Dave Drain
Akela Noble Technologies Pty. Ltd.

ynneb

Re: Greetings From Australia
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 10:15:52 PM »
Welcome mate. Let me know if you need anything. B4 I 4get, did you discover these video tutorials. They should give a a big head start. http://www.machsupport.com/videos.htm

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 10:28:38 PM »
Thanks Beer Buddy,

I will take a look at them. Thanks for the welcome. :cheers:

"If you think you are under pressure - Try opening a sippy cup on an airoplane - 30,000ft in the air"
Dave Drain
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:07:34 AM »
Welcome and If there is anything we can help with please pipe up :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 11:23:37 PM »
Thanks Brian,

After we get through the next few weeks with the official release of our servo drives, I will be concentrating on gaining a full understanding of Mach's capabilities and workings, so there will be lots of questions no doubt.

Take Care
Dave Drain

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 11:47:57 PM »
Hey Dave, I just thought it might be a good idea to post a link to your site in here to show others what you are up to.
http://www.cncteknix.com/

Feel free to tell us all the details about your drives and and your progress with them.
I have created a new section dedicated to product promotion, that is in some way related to either supporting Mach or Mach supports it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:04:50 AM by ynneb »

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
Re: Greetings From CNC Teknix Australia
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »
Thanks Ben,

For those who are interested, you can also download the datasheet and user guide for our new servodrives directly from the links below.

Datasheet and User Guide covers both 80V and 200V versions. ie: The TEK10 and the TEK20

Datasheet - http://www.cncteknix.com/pdfs/TEKdrive%20datasheet.pdf

User Guide - http://www.cncteknix.com/pdfs/TEKdrive%20User%20Guide.pdf

Any questions people have I will only too happy to answer. Also, CNC Teknix Directly supports the CNC Teknix thread at CNC Zone. The thread is only new and can be found in the electronics section, but I will also carefully monitor here as well.

If anyone wants to contact me directly please PM me and I will reply with my direct contact information.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 12:14:11 AM by kookaburra »
Dave Drain

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 09:11:16 AM »
Your drives do look interesting.  I had spotted them a short while ago, and looked at your website.

I'm more into retrofits of larger machines, and have in the queue a Hardinge Lathe with Siemens Brushed motors.   150v with 1024 encoders.

How well are your drives likely to work?   I was almost going to order from Rutex, but still unsure of those drives robustness.

Wayne...

Offline kookaburra

•  56 56
    • View Profile
    • Akela Website
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2006, 09:38:47 AM »
Wayne,

Thanks for your enquiry. I believe we can help you out here, however we will need to know a little bit more about your motors as we need to look at what current you are drawing and also the inductance of the motors. Can you PM me with your phone number so I can give you a call. If this is not convenient, I am happy to contact you via email. The encoder res is not an issue, we can also take single ended or differential feedback.

Regards

Dave
Dave Drain

Offline fdos

•  326 326
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2006, 02:13:28 PM »
Hi, and thanks for the reply (good start so far ;) )

Not sure of the inductance, the plate seems to be not marked where it ought to be!

You can email me direct at wayne@fdos-design.com   I'm in UK so you might not want to call <g>

Here's a pic of the motor plate, it's actually 180v but they only ran them at 150, with the original drives.   The bottom section obviously refers to the tacho which in our case we wont be using.

Regards
                Wayne...