Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:44:23 PM

Author Topic: homing limits problems  (Read 7003 times)

Offline kak

•  81 81
    • View Profile
Re: homing limits problems
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2008, 04:34:30 AM »
No, the autozero is not checked - one of the things i did right :-)

My problem is that I have never seen a cnc machine and don`t know what to expect.

But if my, lets say, X axis is -64  just a second before it hits the home switch, will the -64 turn to 0 when it hits the switch?

It must be normal, because if you turn on the Mach3 and jog forward with the axis, and then turn the driverboard on, and the machine was homed last time you used it, the machine coords will not be 0.

It was a "stone-age" way of doing it, but I did it.  I homed the machine, turned the driverboard off, so only the Mach3 was on,  jogged on the screen until all the axis was 0, turned the driverboard on, homed the machine one more time and now the Machine Coords are 0 when homed - is this really the wright/only way to do it? 
The software should be able to zero the numbers when homed.

I`m not exactly shure when the machine coordinates are 0 - is it when it hits the home switch or when it moved a little bit backward after hitting the switch?
I use a piece of foam to activate all my switches for now - I don`t want do damage anything, but now when it works I can change them to sometning harder.

Adam

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: homing limits problems
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2008, 06:21:49 AM »
Adam the Auto Zero needs to be checked, this way when you home Mach will zero the Machine Coords.
 The way Mach see a home position is it moves to the switch, it gets triggered, Mach reverses and when the switch shuts again Mach stopos and that is home. If Mach stopped and didnt reverse then the home position would be on a triggered switch which is not a good thing ;)
 Remember though when you home you will only see the X Y and Z changuing to zero if you look at the Machine Coords, normally you woiuld be looking at the offset coords and if you have persistant set for them they will reflect a position relative to yoiur last set Offset zero position.

Hood