Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:14:13 AM

Author Topic: 3 Axis Simple Screen setup 1.0 (Also good for TouchScreens)  (Read 132332 times)

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
Re: 3 Axis Simple Screen setup 1.0 (Also good for TouchScreens)
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006, 01:13:27 AM »
Beachbum,

I like the idea of "Momentary" jog buttons; I'll make the changes on the final release.

I placed the stop button to hold a "step mode jog". I've entered wrong amounts to "step jog" and lost positioning by hitting the E-stop (not sure if we lose any steps by calling on a stop function). I'd like to have placed the Hold button but it will not hold a "step jog".
Will you upload your touch screen set?

Clause I think I know why it’s not working.

I'm not sure if the new Mach 3 supports LED buttons or if you have to download the Dev version?

OR

The folder should be located in Mach 3\Bitmaps\Touch screen
Inside the folder you should have 3 folders and one PNG.

Sometimes when you unzip a file it will create a folder to hold the files, so you might have a folder call touch screen with a folder inside of it called touch screen. If so Cut and Past the folder inside the folder called touch screen into Mach 3/Bitmaps/

On the final release an installer will make it much easer.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 08:59:17 AM »
Mach Version 1.84.001
File structure for Mach3:

Mach3 (folder)
Simple 3 axis1.0.set
   Bitmaps (folder)
     Touchscreen (folder)
     Backsplash.jpg
       Buttons (folder)
         2 State Buttons (folder)
      Buttons 2 (folder)
      Panel (folder)

Were you asking me to upload my touch screen set or was that for Beachbum?

Thanks for the help,

Claude
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 11:53:41 AM »
I have the same problem as Cowpoke.  Just as Cowpoke, my Touchscreen folder IS in the right place but when I load the set I get the black background and a bunch of white rectangles that say "Bitmap goes here".  So, Obviously the link to the Bitmaps folder is broken somehow. 

I have moved the Touchscreen folder all over the place in hopes that I could get things to work but- No Go Joe! 

Kinda sux cause the Screen set looks great and I wanted to try it out!  Nice Job on the design!!

Regards,
Sid

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 03:22:41 PM »
I posted an image base explanation.

Should I relocate the destination file for the images? Is there a standard location to put custom screen? If not we should all agree on how to setup a file structure?

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 06:47:34 PM »
Z-Man,

Thanks for the simplified explanation.  I'm sorry but I had to chuckle a little bit when I read the post because it seems like you must be thinking we must be so lame and can not figure out how to put files in the correct folder. 

Not that it would be the 1st time I made mistake but, in this case I'm 150% sure that I have the files in the correct place and the set is still not loading correctly. 

Big white rectangles (where the bitmaps should be displaying) that say "Bitmap Goes here". It's just plain old weirdness.  I love the .jpgs of the set and it seems like the other dudes think it's pretty cool so, I'd love to give it a go but, if I have to wait for a Installer version so us dummies  ;) can use it, I think it'll be worth thel wait  In the meantime if you or anybody else can think of something else to try, give us a shout ok?

Thanks,
Sid
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 07:00:54 PM »
Hey,  I just downloaded again (From your 2nd link) and tried on another machine runing ver 1.9.  It worked better but check out the pic of what I got.  It's not the same as the pic you posted.  Some stuff is there, some isn't- weird!!!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006, 09:32:12 PM »
Did not get the "LED Animation" folder when unzipping. Tried downloading again but got the same results when unzipping.
Claude
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 12:08:10 AM »
I got the same results, missing buttons.
Richard

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 01:30:44 AM »
I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong.

It looks like just the LED buttons are not being display, is that right? Or are some not able to view any buttons?

I deleted all of my files in Mach 3, downloaded the files from the forum and it works.
The only things I can think of are:

-Are you using Mach 3 D 1.90.032
-How much ram do you have on your video card?
-Have you been able to view PNG files before?
-Has any of the LED buttons from other Screen set worked?

Has any one been able to load the screen set successfully? ???
« Last Edit: May 07, 2006, 01:45:53 AM by zealouse »

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 01:32:19 AM »
The LED folder is from an idea of having animations buttons and LED's. That file is on a diffrent forum topic, you do not need it for the screen to work.