Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:33:44 PM

Author Topic: Machine #2  (Read 4946 times)

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Machine #2
« on: February 21, 2008, 10:39:08 PM »
  This one I get to keep....will add the guarding/chip trap and other goodies next week after return from Knoxville...
It cut the Carve3D leaf bowl beautifully for me...now I'm entering the Solids learning curve....GPDC
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:47:16 PM by Graham Waterworth »

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
Re: Machine #2
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »
oops...I put a couple more pictures along with this one, but they must'a got lost

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 07:18:15 AM »
That's what I like to see, a nice tidy workshop.
b.t.w. - that looks like a heavy motor just waiting to fall (picture top center).

Best regards, Tweakie.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:55:09 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »
Knoxville? You live in TN? Doesn't surprise me one bit if you do. I think 50% of CNC builders live in Tenn. I bet if I had one of those magic 8-balls that you ask a question and shake, it would tell me that you "most likely" live in the south east. I'm about 35 miles south.
that looks like a heavy motor just waiting to fall.
Don't be ridiculous. That shelf will hold another 350 pounds. Easily. Is that a coil winder under the cabinet? I asked the 8-ball but it said 'Reply hazy, try again'.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 02:23:28 PM by Sam »
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »
GPDC,
That's a pretty keen set-up you've got there.
You call it #2....Got a link to #1 ?  I'd like to see it as well.
I'm planning one of my own and am gathering up all of the good ideas I can find. Good work.
Hey...Post a pic of a finished piece if you get a chance.

Sam,
I think your 8 ball may be defective. Mine says "Central New York".

See Ya'all,
RC

Offline GPDC

•  43 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:25:20 PM »
Sam,Tweatie & Overloaded...yup, central NY, (Phoenix)...although I'm in K'ville as I type, along with guys from Tawain, Sweden, England, Oregon & some far off place I never heard of they call Tennessee,but watch out for the accent...the motor is a 90vdc unit from a Camco table, sitting on a strong shelf....yup again on the coil winder...good eyes....the product of that little toy goes into the hand cranked alternator on the opposite side bench....machine #1 pics posted in my pic album and this areas' front page on May 02 (or 07) '07....I've cut only (2) things with this new machine so far...a bunch of Road Runners in MDF & the Cut3D maple (oak?) leaf bowl in a chunk of walnut...came out real pretty & Tony's here this weekend.....George P