Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:42:58 AM

Author Topic: BEst controller or driver to use w/mach3  (Read 5807 times)

BEst controller or driver to use w/mach3
« on: May 02, 2006, 08:47:05 PM »
what is the best controller setup to use excluding the gecko drives because they cost too much. I was thinking about that hobby cnc kit but do those work with mach3 and are those any good?
Re: BEst controller or driver to use w/mach3
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 10:52:11 PM »
There are a few on the liinks page... I have not used them (I like big stuff :) )
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 12:14:10 AM »
I am using one of these ... http://www.dtllc.com/4xcnc10b.html  It works pretty good.  It'll do 4 Axis @ 10Amps Current.  It doesn't have micro stepping and it's definitely not a Gecko but it drives my steppers just fine.

It also has 3 onboard relays that you can use to control turning on/off other stuff (i.e. Router motor, Vacuum, Coolant, etc)

If I had to do it again, I'd probaby cough up the dough and buy Geckos or a Campbell but, for a inexpensive easy started board, it's hard to beat the bang for the buck you get in this board.
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 11:09:55 AM »
Hi

I'm running a hobbycnc 4 axis kit- works just great. have a look here for a video of my mill during testing :-

http://www.geocities.com/davidimurray/pentest.avi

That's with some 110oz/in motors - once I modify the mounting plates I will be dropping some 325oz/in motors in that arrived yesteryday!

Cheers

Dave
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 06:10:52 PM »
hey your webpage isnt working right..... id really like to se that movie though........
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 06:13:54 PM »
k... nevermind i got it :)

Offline ETR

•  1 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 11:41:40 AM »
I'm trying to set up Mach 3 on a machine that allready has been retro with older version of open cnc . There are 2 dac boards in the computer that connect the switches and drives to the PC. is there a way I can use the existing boards to drive the drives with Mach 3?
ETR
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 08:08:18 PM »
nope :(
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com