Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:49:56 PM

Author Topic: How to use Exellon PCB routing file into MACH  (Read 9128 times)

Re: How to use Exellon PCB routing file into MACH
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 07:41:09 AM »
Yes TP

I have misunderstand with G81 code actually it is for driliing purpose only. so thankyou. but what about the auto tool change in Gcode? also just tell me for my knowledge can we set DRO without Decimal in Inch formate in Mach.? if yes then how can we do this?

Thanks to all
Sanlee

vmax549

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 08:15:30 AM »
I am guessing here that you want to try and run the native code ????  Yes you can setup mach to run inches as the native setup units. Then if you need to scale the work use the scale funtion of mach to add back the .000 scaling factor.

To swith over to inch units consult the manual.

(;-) TP
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 08:47:43 AM »
Sorry TP

I didnot get you. from where i can change scalling? actually i am asking this because my Gcode is generate in mil (i.e. 1/1000 of inch) and without decimal i.e. like this "X02500Y03000" then it means x=2.500 inch and Y=3.000inch. that is why i want to set DRO as 00000 instead of 0.0000. so from where i can do this.

Thanks lot

sanlee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
Does that convertion that TP linked you to not change the decimal when it converts to G Code? It seemed to for me.
 If it does then all you need to do is either put a G21 at the start of the code and Mach will know its mm or you could if you wished instead of G21 use G20 and use the scaling at the side of the Axis DROs to divide by 25.4. the latter however is not really a sensible way to do it.
Hood

vmax549

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 10:19:32 AM »
SANLEE, where you are trying to go is a very hard way to do it. It will require that the screen dro's be reconfigured. NOT a good idea(;-).

I would suggest that you do a search on the WEB for conversions of the native codes into GCODE files. THey are out their you just have to look. I found a lot of info on the subject.

(;-) TP
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 03:26:05 AM »
Thanks Hood for reply

I downloaded that conversion from Exellon drill file to Gcode which TP has given link. but it is converting wrong cord for x and y at someplaces. i am attaching the original file 3161.nc and converted file 11.txt. jsut have a look.

Thanks TP

I will searh native codes into gcode. but if you have any link then please help. i will grateful to you.

sanlee