Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:56:48 PM

Author Topic: Servo taig help needed  (Read 11640 times)

Re: Servo taig help needed
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2008, 10:59:19 PM »
Is it possible that windows is a fault for this?  I didn't do the install that was recommended on a check list I found.  I had only done a basic WinXP install and SP2 updates.  and there are no other programs installed and no internet connection.

Has the strict install really helped fix problems?

Thanks,

Omega_Sam

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »
Sam,
   Ive have some of the same problems ,then had a computer crash and just now getting back to setting my machine back up.
 This time I set up a dedicated computer , took off ALL security settings no fire wall ,updates or anything because that computer is
not going to be connected to the internet unless I have to update something then will be direct to  my net work.
   I found that getting rid of all of the security and games and AOL and crap that comes with a computer can really create issues with MACH that are hard
to locate..
   I think you found your problems with getting a dedicated computer , just make sure you shut down all security suites and keep it off of the internet and you will
be better off in the long run..
  Just my 2cents and glad to see you have it up and running.. ;D
Gary
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 08:23:00 PM »
I think I may have fixed the problem.

I had tried using the guide for installing for XP and that made no difference in the movement or helped to fix the drifting or repeatability.  It just kept drifting off to the side each time it was run.

I decided to try a different approach, Hardware.  I thought that maybe there was a fault in the onboard controller for the ports.

So, I went to Newegg.com and found one of the add-on cards for parallel ports and installed it.  After changing the general settings, the mill was acting very different.

Right now it is repeating perfectly, even after shutting off and on, there are no problems.  Now all I have to do is getting it cutting.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 02:58:03 AM by Omega_Sam »