Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:25:31 PM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362265 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #970 on: April 04, 2009, 10:53:24 AM »
Hi ART and All,
 Here is another approach. I used RICH's example DXF but stretched it a bit to allow the tooling to fit in the recesses well.
Using only 1 tool and changing ONLY the insert angle and feed direction and leaving all cut values the same, in an attempt to simply rough in the RH dir then clean up the remainder in the LH dir.
The only way I can get it to work is to change the Tip Rad. That seems to affect alot about the second pass. .015" for first pass, .030for second and it's good.

Then...after running and deleting multiple 2nd passes....015 worked fine. Shut down and restart and all is whaky again.

This all by changing Insert angle, cut dir. and tip rad. ....nothing else.
Might be a clue ?
RC
« Reply #971 on: April 04, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
And here is the dxf, tool settings and another pic.
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 04, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »
Hi:

Excellent! Thanks for the photos, nice to see the translation from drawing to part.
I suspect it will cut much better with a roughing , then a fine, then a finish( when I figure that one out! :) )

Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 04, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »
Hi:

I think, when displaying a toolpath, I need to show the PREVIOUS stock remaining, it will make it much clearer as to why the differences above.
The program will do the secondary passes as it can fit the selected tool into the remaining stock.. pics will make it clearer..and may show trouble better.

Thx
Art
« Reply #974 on: April 04, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »
ART, Please explain. How will showing the PREVIOUS material explain why some tip rads. will part the material off, some will over cut previously cut profile areas and some will do OK ?
This is a pic of the first pass from the earlier post.
Thanks,
RC
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:18:01 AM by Overloaded »
« Reply #975 on: April 04, 2009, 11:20:26 AM »
Oh ART...also, when in SIM, ALL paths open in the tree. Even if only 1 is selected.
RC

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 04, 2009, 02:29:46 PM »
Its hard to explain in words real well. The left overcut can be explained in terms of the Remaining material calculator.. but I really need to come up with a way of showing you why a cut occurs instead of just the cut that occured. It may help explain why something is done. Im not saying its right, just that showing the why's may help explain and find solutions. The left hand overcut for example can easily be understood if one understands the process involved..

Art

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 04, 2009, 03:17:25 PM »
Hi, Art

I was only using the different cut values and offset's to show the Differences in the Rough passes.

Thanks for taking a look at it.

Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 04, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »
ART,
Just an attempt on a way to clarifying the tool to the path.....
Would it be helpfull to have a "prelude tool view" which would show the cut without generating a pass? The prelude view would show the tool based on the tool inputs against a straight line, corner, and say min radius. That "view" would tell me that what input won't work too well before clicking OK in the tool dialog. In fact it could be right along with the tool picture. Maybe appear again in the rough profile dialog box but this time
including the depth cut

Picture this one based on the definiton:
 Use Tip Center  - when selected  will discriminate between using Mach3's offset registers with compensation, or just to create the code as pre-compensated using the tip radius as that compensation from tip center. Consult Mach3 manual for use of offsets.
Then picture the flank cut depth added into the above but only now rotated on some angle.

See attached pictures.
Make any sense???????

RICH
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 06:08:39 PM by RICH »
« Reply #979 on: April 04, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
Thank you Art for the explanation. That's deep enough for me. I am just assuming that it will eventually perform as I am attempting.
IE:  RH rough to CUT parameters specified....LH rough ONLY the remaining material to the same clearance using the same CUT settings and the same tool only angled the other way.

Thanks again,
Russ