Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:23:03 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1365825 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #810 on: January 20, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »
budman68,
I don't see any problems with anything (That I Load), Course I don't have your .dxf or .dwg file to try here. I see some improvement in how it loads into Mach Lathe,Much sharper image,and is better more formed then before. Lines are much clearer in the profile. If you want me to try it here, I would be more then Glad to. Thanks,    Hank S.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: January 20, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
Hi Hank,

Thanks for checking. I'm guessing if it's not happening to you, it's on my end here.

I'll have to look into it some more and thanks for looking - :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: January 20, 2009, 05:44:44 PM »
Dave,
Need the gcode file if you want a quick check on my end.
What version of Mach are you using?
RICH

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: January 20, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »
Hi:

That error is  a MAch3 error. For some reason your havng trouble with macro's at the moment. Is this a recent Mach3 version? If not, upgrade..

Art

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: January 20, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »
Rich, the reason I didn't include a file was because as I mentioned in my post, it was happening to all files, not just newly generated. Somehow must have done something to the program although I've made no changes to it since the last updat of LTurn. That's why I was confused as to why this didn't work today just after I updated LTurn this afternoon.

Art, thank you, I was running (happily until now) 3.041 but I'm downloading the latest lockdown now.

Thanks again to all of you-  :)

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: January 20, 2009, 06:36:27 PM »
Art,
I get a green line across the top of the profile in addition to the one that follows the profile.
Just ignore for now?
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: January 20, 2009, 06:40:42 PM »
Art,
I get a green line across the top of the profile in addition to the one that follows the profile.
Just ignore for now?
RICH

Rich Art mentioned that some posts ago:

« Reply #804 on: January 20, 2009, 12:40:11 PM »       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi:

I think I have this one caught. See if this works better..

( The green line in the end toolpath is unused, its just a diagnotic for me to see how far off the part is the tip
safety zone..

Just reinstalled Mach 3 and all is well -  :)

Dave

Dave->    ;)

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: January 20, 2009, 11:46:15 PM »
Hi:

The new green line that follows the profile is the offset profile used in calc's. Youll notice if the tip radius is increased, the profiles offset is as well.

The line at the top will be gone next version, it was a calibration line I was using.

Thx
Art
« Reply #818 on: January 21, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »
Art,
I must say this is Getting Better at each update, Thanks for your Great Work! I took a cut in a project,and using wood as a sample, to Make sure everything is clearing everything else,setting the depth of cut as small as I can,have seen no need to use a finish pass, but have a cutter that may make things go better for me,But I know it will be better to have,a Finish path, in harder material such as Alum,Ferrious, stock etc. I'm Very Well Pleased, at the progress. Just my 1/2 a buck.   Thanks,    Hank s.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: January 21, 2009, 11:57:24 AM »
Hi Hank:

Thx for the kudo's. Ive probably spent too much time making small loading changes and tightening things rather than moving forward, seems a very slow development. The trouble is the complexity, I find I have to stop and think, delete tons of code due to stupid assumptions, and then think again.
  There is such a variety of issues that can bite you that its really making me think. To keep such a thing Lazy, to make it easy enough to keep support low is a real challenge. The finish pass is truly a bitch in terms of logic. I think I know how I want to do it, but the intermediate steps are proving to be real difficult. Ive cleaned the current code, reformatted it into classes that each take care of sub items, and now Im ready to proceed I think, but expect it to be a bit slow with some stumbles along the way. While I know that with small passes you probably dont need a finish pass, at least in wood, your right that metal will require a good final pass, perhaps several.
   Its kinda ironic that if LTurn could do a finsih pass it probably now supasses LCam in terms of Turn work, but will take allot more work just to do what seems simple, a final pass. Youll soon see some movement there I hope as I will eventually stumble onto a method that Im happy with to compute the removed material. Ive deleted at least 50 algorithms so far, each one teaching me soemthing about the problem, and I think Im coming to an epithany about how to make it simple yet allow it to do fairly complex turning profiles.. we'll see.

Glad to see so many having fun with the program as it builds, Im glad I added the post output early, even if its fairly simple in its output. ITs kinda nice to develop this way as the feedback is invaluable in keeping it lean and mean. Kinda like Mach2 in the old days. :)

Art