Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:25:46 AM

Author Topic: LazyTurn  (Read 1362587 times)

Re: LazyTurn
« Reply #380 on: December 05, 2008, 05:39:39 PM »
Art
I didn't say you specifically promised it may have been Brian can't remember it's been a few yrs now so forgive my memory but it is why i bought the program and again thanks for working on it and getting it as far as you have.

Rg's
Dennis

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 05, 2008, 07:07:25 PM »
Hi To Whoever,
It is the way it is as of now!
In the interim if you have a burning desire to turn a profile to dimension:

1. Create a usable dxf for the profile that can be imported into either program
    ( by just adding or deleting a line it will surfice for both Lazyturn and Lazycam.)
     There is lazycam turn info in the members docs, will not be updated , but will surfice to get a profile cut out of
     LazyCam.
2. Use LazyTurn ( BECAUSE IT'S SO DARN EASY AND YOU DON'T NEED TO EVEN READ ALMOST ANYTHING) to
    generate the rough cuts using a button / point tool ( look you just want the profile cuts and use common
    sense on the tool you actually use )
    (Use the same DXF  and just modify it if you want to stay out of areas of the profile, think through the piece
      about  the order you would cut it and make modified dxf's for generating code) If you did this in an orderly
     manner, cut and paste them together , and you can create roughing Gcode for even a complex piece.
3.Use LazyCam to generate the finish cuts and just add via cut and paste that code to the rough cuts.

So... for 1,2,3 you need to do some repetitive fooling around but the difference in worth $2000.00 plus.
So... with the saved money from one free program and one minor fee for another  ......think what you want
to buy for your significant other for the holiday!  ;)

Rich

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 05, 2008, 09:53:34 PM »
Hi Dennis:

No harm, no foul. the word "Promise" is just one of my warning triggers is all. :)
Im being quite truthfull about it being a household joke that I never ever commit.
 The program is actually working well enougt that Im driven to finish it , so it
probably a moot point, I just dont want hopes up till I know it will all work.

Thanks
Art
« Reply #383 on: December 06, 2008, 12:12:31 PM »
HI,
I got a question? I use StdCad.and have drawn the profile in, Everway But Sunday, that I can, and only Lazycam can read it. When I try to load it in LazyTurn,I get a No visible data can be found. (Something of Sorts). I also did the sample of the almer44 profile,and it will generate a tool path,but how in the World do I get it to save so I can load it into LazyCam to do the roughing tool path. I've read your post's over and over again,and still cannot come up with what your doing, OR , how to get the tool Path into a generated state. It must be ME, and or the Std Cad. that is holding the image out of some sorts. Could you be a little more specific in the Easy,1..2..3.ect. Doc's are not that helpfull, and have read them also.   Thanks,  Hank S.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 06, 2008, 01:07:12 PM »
Hi Hank

Hears a Blank File, Make several copies of it, Then when you post use one of them, LazyTurn won't creat a file as it did in eariler versions.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 06, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »
aclausing,
I know nothing about StdCad. I assume it can generate a dxf file. Post your dxf file and I'll have a look and will make comments then.
Sorry the doc's don't help as they do cover basics and some specific things to be sucessfull in lazycam.

RICH

« Reply #386 on: December 06, 2008, 02:01:07 PM »
Lets see if I did this Right, Add attachment.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2008, 02:55:15 PM »
Hank,
COMMENTS:
1. get rid of the box around the profile - move it to another layer and turn that layer off if you can or if you wish
2. now move the profile into the upper quadrant as lazyturn won't take negative y values ( profiile should be drawn above the center line
3. mirror the profile / rotate about the horizontal whatever, add a line for lazycam but do not include it for layturn in the dxf ), and i like to have the start
point of the profile located at 0,0,0 in the drawing, thus the profile can now be used in both lazycam and lazyturn
as lazyturn will iignore the vertical line which defiines as external for lazycam
4.dxf attached for lazyturn
5. ADD the vertical line for lazycam and note that your arcs are not connected ( you should make it a point to check that all lines / arcs  are connected as it saves possible problems ( if you do a drawing for some shop and they insist on it checked and dimensioned for easy
gcode creation your company could end up footing the bill for lost material and time. So get maticulaous about the drawing stuff.

I need to look at the profile more closely for use in laycam
......this is what i meanat by a usable dxf.......

RICH

MODIFIED: SEE HANK2

« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 03:22:03 PM by RICH »
« Reply #388 on: December 06, 2008, 03:36:06 PM »
Hi, and Thanks,
Your not going to believe this ,but this is one that I have not tried to do,The DRW as you have it. I said it could be ME. Although this is great,and addind a line ,I see what you mean, is the line on the bottom have to be drawn also,or did LC. do this auto-. I set the parm's to close the gaps,as said, and have done a TP. but nothing as good as this. I got my ears up to work,and have to finish,and will try some more this PM when I get time. Thanks for your help in setting me straight,for there will be more questions as time goes by, I'm more then sure! Gee; That's Great!   Thanks,   Hank S.

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 06, 2008, 06:32:39 PM »
Hi, Hank

Re-worked you dxf a little, It will post in LazyCam Turn, But not in LazyTurn for me.

Probably a file Art should Look at, It tries to Post in Diag. Mode though.

Hi, Rich, This DXF was worked over with BobCad ver 23, The DXF file size is larger, It may be that 3'D issue, Would you look it over.

Hears some Pic's and the DXF.

Chip
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 07:13:38 PM by Chip »