Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:28:03 AM

Author Topic: tcp modbus info to dro  (Read 4891 times)

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
tcp modbus info to dro
« on: February 24, 2009, 11:43:42 AM »
Scott,
Here is the info you wanted me to post. the screen shots are in the modbus setup doc.
Thanks again for the help.
Bill

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: tcp modbus info to dro
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 09:45:48 AM »
Bill,

Here are a few errors:
1. on the ports and pins, you need to tick the "ModBus InputOutput Support also. Once you tick that, you will need to close and reopen mach, to then be able to get the TCP setup page to work right.
2).  on the TCP Modbus Setup page, your "Local(Var), will start at ZERO, so in your example
on: Cfg0, "Address Local(Var) = 0, "Address Modbus(Var) = 40 
(so what comes in at adress 40 will be at local var modbus 0, and 41 will be Local MB var1)
on: Cfg1, "Address Local(Var) = 0, "Address Modbus(Var) = 42 
(so what comes in at adress 42 will be at local var modbus 0, and 43 will be Local MB var1)
(Note Read my "Brians How To users Guide" in the documents section of this forum).
NOTE: the "Master" address in this case will be the TCP device your talking too your PLC or what ever,
also, on your Mach computer you will need to assign it a static address, and then have your Device
consider that address as its gateway.

Your testing will not work, until you correct the above.

on your Brain: set up input TCP coming in for the Cfg0, PLC address40, it would be Local Address 0, Cfg 0, TCP, your next on for that
cfg would be local address 1.

the same for your second but your Cfg would change to #1............

scott
fun times

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 10:46:39 AM »
Scott,
Thank you. As soon as I get the demo camera back I will make sure everything is set correctly. Modbus is very foreign to me and I appreciate the help. I knew it was just something dumb I was doing.
Bill

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
not dumb, dont ever think that about your self.  It is just different, and poorly documented to boot.........

By all means please show pics of your work that your doing, we like to see stuff that is different.

scott
fun times

Offline Bill_O

•  562 562
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 11:40:14 AM »
Scott,
I got the camera back and tried one more time. It is still not working for me. Attached is another doc with screenshots of my setup.
Thank you,
Bill

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 11:50:57 AM »
Bill your attachment was blank

also, if my above recommendation are not working, then you have something else wrong, and the varibles to that is alot.
Without being at your computer, I cannot be of any further service.
fun times