Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:41:12 PM

Author Topic: Mach2 works fine but...  (Read 11964 times)

Re: Mach2 works fine but...
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2008, 10:01:15 PM »
yup, at present i still have them both installed (mach2 and mach3), but only one running at a time.  still working fine in mach2, and no responce with mach3.

when i jog, just like Netjams problem,  the computer interface showes all the axis numbers moving and whatnot.  same as if i run g-code.  but the CNC doesnt respond.

in mach2 when pressing the reset button on the CNC jumps a bit, this is not happening with mach3.

shnitzel
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2008, 10:07:49 PM »
another recent discovery, mach3 IS reading my proximity sensors...  the lights flash ont he mach3 screen when i trigger the proximities...  but it still isnt powering up the servos....  ill keep tinkering...

shnitzel

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »
Hi, Shnitzel

Is there an enable pin for your servos ?

Also it's easy to miss the Port assignment in Ports & Pins, Motor Outputs, Right side of the setup page, Assifn to port 1 6 places.

Gust some More Info, Chip
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 03:03:03 PM »
well, why i was responding to your last note i worked through the problem... thank you very much...  sure enough, i had mach2 programed so that the "charge pump" turned on my gecko drives...  after asigning the charge pump pins and ports it worked AOK!!!!  thanks again!

shnitzel