Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 05:37:49 PM

Author Topic: Home switch position  (Read 8641 times)

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
    • Algie Composite Aircraft
Re: Home switch position
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 01:24:10 AM »
OK, got it to work, I had home switches set only, needed to have limits set as well, thanks for the help with all this, you guys are cool! One thing, the soft limits don't seem to be working. As I understand it, you set one end, or a mid position with the home/ limit switch, then the soft limit(s) set the other end(s) of the travel, correct? As it is now, I only have the X axis working, the stepper for the Z axis is too small and stalls constantly, have a large one coming. So, I don't know about the Z axis soft limits, but the X seems to overshoot it's number. I'll try messing with negative numbers, etc, maybe I have to double the number as it's a lathe set in diameters, not radius. Also, if I click on 'set home' it goes to it's home switch using the set home speed percentage, but if I click on 'Home' or 'Home all' it runs at full rapid, and the home speed doesen't have any effect for some reason.
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 06:58:57 AM »
Please post your XML and i will have a look at it :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2006, 12:51:58 AM »
Brian, I posted my lathe XML here. Tried again tonight, nothing I do will make the soft limits work, so I'm hoping you will see something in the XML. if you could, while you're in there, could you look at the spindle feedback, see if anything looks odd? As I said before, it's probably inductive feedback, but the spindle readout has gotten worse, it now bounces around 40,000 rpm or so, and if I start the spindle it never settles down as it used to. Thanks again!
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2006, 05:48:55 PM »
I added a bit more debounce and I added a button so you could turn on the softlimits. the Button is on the diagnostics page

www.machsupport.com

Offline DAlgie

•  314 314
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006, 01:37:15 AM »
Very nice Brian, thank you for that! The soft limits work great now. I still got spindle feedback going crazy, so I messed with the feedback debounce as well, didn't get anywhere with it, I'll have to shield the spindle indexing sensor then. Thanks again.
                            Dave.
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006, 11:05:17 AM »
I think a little shielding should fix you up :)

www.machsupport.com