Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:52:04 AM

Author Topic: MPG varying increments.......hmmmmmmmm??  (Read 2910 times)

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
MPG varying increments.......hmmmmmmmm??
« on: February 06, 2008, 05:25:30 AM »
I recently purchased an industrial pc from Mach Motion (Great product & great to deal with too).
http://www.machmotion.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=33
I've noticed when I move the handwheel one click it will move approx 2mm, then I move it another single click and it might move 5mm...............WTF.
I'm just a little confused why it seems to change the size of the increment, any ideas?
Also how can I change the size of the increment, on the control panel?
it's got the selector switch's for choosing the axis and also choosing the size of the increment of 1,10 or 100, so how can I set it in Mach to move 1mm, 0.1mm or 0.001mm?
Thanks Darc

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: MPG varying increments.......hmmmmmmmm??
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 06:47:54 AM »
It shouldnt do that, have you calibrated the MPG? You will find it from the Function Config menu, make sure you choose save once you have done the calibration.
 Not sure how they do the incriments with that PC but normally you do it via the inputs,you have to set up OEM trigger for the incrtiments and then asign the trigger to the OEM for the Incriments button. Cant remember it now for sure but I think the OEM might be 171.
 By your description however it sounds like they may be using a ModIO or some other Modbus device.

Hood

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
Re: MPG varying increments.......hmmmmmmmm??
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 12:06:05 AM »
Thanks Hood, I'll have a look at it, I can't say I ever noticed there was a calibrate MPG button.
That's embarassing, I've been using Mach on various machine for about 3 years................
Thanks again, I'll let you know how I go.