Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:58:19 PM

Author Topic: Very Much Softwear Ill leart  (Read 14213 times)

Very Much Softwear Ill leart
« on: February 03, 2008, 12:26:31 PM »
I bulit a 20" by 20" CNC maching . I can not seem to get the softwear to work = Mach 3 . Is there any softwear that is out their that is made for ideats ?  I'm softwear Ill leart !

I very much need HELP

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Very Much Softwear Ill leart
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »
Hi, Satbeam

Can you tell us what problem's your having with Mach3 ?

You need a Computer 1.000 Mz, Window's 2000 or XP, Step/Dir Motor Control, For a start.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 03:10:55 PM »
 I bought all of my products from (Probotix) - it was a strarter kit I got last year . My problem is , how do i get the softwear to make the maching to work ? I installed the softwear , went by the directions and hooked up the step moters - brake out board - step moter drivers and power suplly . Everything was tripel checked , loaded a g code program and stared to run the scrip (Nothing it did nothing) . Where did I go wrong ?
 My computer has all the requirments needed , what did or didn't have I done write or wrong ? I hope the link is ok . My first post

http://www.probotix.com/

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:34:55 PM »
Hi, Satbeam

Post your Mach3Mill.XML file, Make a copy of it and rename the copy to a different name, "Satbeam Mach3Mill"

It's located In c:\Mach3\ folder.

That's a good starting point.

Thanks, Chip
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 06:08:40 PM »
Hope thi is it .

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 06:24:21 PM »
If that is indeed your correct xml then you dont have any or the Inputs, Outputs or Motor pins and ports asigned.
 You need to find out which pins everything is connected to and then enter them in the correct places in Ports and Pins. Have a look at the videos and manuals available from menus at the top of the page, they will give you an idea how to do this.
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »
Hi, Satbeam

As Hood stated Nothing Setup, It would be good to view the video's.

Hears a Pic of the, Config, Ports & Pins, Motor Output's setup screen, Pins need to be setup for your control.

Be careful,, Watch the videos.

Thanks, Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 06:44:46 PM »
OOPS
posted in the wrong thread  ::)
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 11:49:01 AM »
 This is what I was talking about , this is the part I know nothing about . (Is there a how to for dummies) ? What vidoes do I need to watch ? I'm lost when it comes to softwear . Where do I start ? Can you help me get stared ?

Hi, Satbeam

As Hood stated Nothing Setup, It would be good to view the video's.

Hears a Pic of the, Config, Ports & Pins, Motor Output's setup screen, Pins need to be setup for your control.

Be careful,, Watch the videos.

Thanks, Chip

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 02:50:25 PM »
Hi, Satbeam

Start with these videos thy have allot of information.

http://www.machsupport.com/Videos/Mach3%20Video%20Selections/Mach3%20Video%20Selections.html

Then post the items you need help on, Gather up information on your brake-out board and the pin outs for your stepper control board.

Hpoe this Helps, Chip