Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:39:33 PM

Author Topic: Brains posts  (Read 5491 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Brains posts
« on: February 02, 2008, 10:47:04 PM »
Can we get a separate catagory called Brains programs where people can post their Brain programs (that work) with an explantion of what they are doing?  With a few hundred examples, people could either find one that works for them, or modify one.

Thanks

Vince

ynneb

Re: Brains posts
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 05:36:46 AM »
This current brains section is enough for the moment. People can always upload to any thread in this section.

I can promise you from past experience, If I create the section, there will be no more than 3 uploads. Its not worth the clutter.

If you prove me wrong and upload or find 10 files, I will create the section you request.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 11:21:20 AM »
If you prove me wrong and upload or find 10 files, I will create the section you request.

I wish I were good enough with brains to have 10 programs.  I am working on two for now.

Vince

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:25:04 PM »
You'll get there Vince. I'm looking forward to the time when I can have a play with Brains as well. I wonder if we should add a members download board and have child boards in it for, by catagory, all "finished" contributions of members and maybe the mods. and admins could save those there. All topics would be locked, not a lot of chating, just useable screen sets, Brains, macros, profiles, g-code, post processors etc. with a brief description and a max of 4 screen shots per thread with links to the original post. This would take a great, great, huge effort to start, but should be pretty easy to maintain I think. 

Brett 
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:26:53 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 09:08:32 PM »
Ok Vince, the child board Beta Brains has been added to the downloads board  ;). Go on and post the ones you have with a brief description. Also make the first word of the file name Beta. If we can get everyone to do this, will be much easier to find with a search. We will see how this goes. As with everything else, if it doesn't fly, we will delete it.

Brett
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 09:47:39 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 10:28:01 PM »
I tried to upload a brain file and I got an error message that said the .brn file type was not allowed to be uploaded.   How do I upload my brains?
Thanks

Vince

ynneb

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 11:43:53 PM »
Try again, I have set it to now accept these files.