Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:17:19 AM

Author Topic: Abit more than external jogging.........  (Read 4970 times)

Abit more than external jogging.........
« on: February 14, 2008, 05:57:55 AM »
Hey, first time post!

got mach3 running with my G100 and G203V drives. All works fine!

I can external jog but want to do abit more with it.

Is it possible to get an input into the G100 i.e. a button press, and when each button press is made move to the next line of g code loaded up? so i can step through my program?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Damon

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Abit more than external jogging.........
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 08:32:35 AM »
You can place Mach in single step mode. For every line of code, you will hit cycle start. Also, not sure if it works with the g100 or not, but can open up your MPG screen by hitting the tab key. Place in shuttle mode, for every click of the hand wheel, you advance one line of code. The faster you rotate the MPG, the faster it runs thru the code.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 10:38:12 AM »
Cheers Brett

Do you know how to control the cycle start button in a macro?

I.e. i could use an external input, trigger it and then it tells mach3 to cycle start? i can then put M0 commands in the G-code and everytime i want it to stept activate the external trigger!

Cheers
Damon
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 10:49:20 AM by eexdm2 »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 11:21:30 AM »
Not sure I'm following you. You can set up an input as an OEM trigger and assign it an oem code in system hotkeys. I hope the attached screen shots help explain.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 11:26:48 AM »
This is brilliant!

I am using the Mach3 software and the G100 in an uncovential way. I am a research student and want to use the CNC machine i have built to scan things. This means that i want to move to a location and take a reading. I then want to move to another location and take a reading etc etc.

I want to automate this tho, so basically my measuring equipment sends out a pulse when i reading has been taken, I want this pulse to tell the mach3 software to move to the next location in the G code.

I have written my g code so that the CNC machine moves to the first line of the g code, i then use the command "M0" to stop it until cycle start is pressed and then it moves the the next line and so on and so on. However this is annoying and time consuming to do manually so want to do this so its automatic!

Thank you for your time and help!

Kind Regards
Damon