Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:44:06 PM

Author Topic: Configuring Start Button as Push Button  (Read 14254 times)

Configuring Start Button as Push Button
« on: January 23, 2008, 01:17:50 AM »
Dear All

I have 3-Axis CNC Machine running by Mach3. Now while taking production on the machine every time my operator has to press start Button from the Screen using the Mouse. I would like to configure this start button from the outside and want to give Push Button. so that operator does not have to press start button from the PC screen using the mouse. he can simply press the start button which is provided at the external like i have provide an Emergency Button. Can any body help me that how can i configure this start button from the externally.

Thanks

Sanlee

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Configuring Start Button as Push Button
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 03:37:09 AM »
In Ports and Pins, Inputs set it up as an OEM trigger by asigning the pin you have it connected to, then go to config menu then system hotkeys and for the OEM trigger, you have is asigned to,  just put 1000 in the box, that should work.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 03:40:33 AM »
Sure no problem.

If you are familiar with the connection of switches to designated pins/inputs on your port, then it is just an easy config in mach3 that is left.

Assign your port and pin number in the ports and pins input section.
Use input for OEM trigger#1 (if you dont ahve any ather assigned to this)

Go to System Hotkeys and type in OEM code 1000 in the OEM input field 1

I am writing this at work and do not have the mach screen in front of me, so I think this is how it is done.

If not I´ll look in to it later tonight

Best reg
Cory
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:04:14 AM by corydoras »
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 11:05:35 AM »
He he, you beat me hood by 3 min:)

Cory
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »
Thank you Cory and Hood

It works very nicely.

Sanlee
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 08:07:49 AM »
Hello Dear

Can you tell me how can i use any Output from Output#1 to 10 as OEM. I have used output#1 as spindle on. actually i have one specific application where my spindle is running in two different RPMs. initially when job is started spindle motor is running arround 5000 rpm and after certain job is completed if i turn ON one relay then it will reduce the splindle rpm by 2500. actually my splindle motor is double winding type. now my question is that how can i control that relay? also it has to be cut off after my turning is over and my splindle will run at 5000 rpm.

Thanks

Sanlee

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »
That will depend on how you want to control the reley.......

Do you want a Spindle speed change button? In where you push the button and it drops the speed or raises the speed?
OR
do you want the spindle speed change reley to activate at a certain spindle RPM automatically?
Or
do you want the Spindle Reley to respond to custom M-codes in your Gcode interpreter?
OR
Do you want some combination of all the above?  There are many, many ways to do what you want, but you need to define what it is you want exactly.

M5 Will shut off your spindle

Scott
fun times
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 02:17:45 AM »
Hi Scott

Actually i want that my spindle speed should be controlled automatically as per the program when it is running. My Spindle Reley has to respond to custom M-codes in my Gcode interpreter only. and when this particular relay turns off my spindle speed should go into its previous speed i.e. it may be higher or lower. my spindle should remain on till the program is finished and M5 code is given.

Thanks lot

Sanlee

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 08:05:54 PM »
Ok if you want your G code to control it then you will need 2 custom Macros one is for relay on (1/2 speed relay), and one is for that same relay to turn off, thus returning you to your 5k speed.

M60.m1s
'M60  (relay activate for 1/2 speed)
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT5)  'You can use output5 or what ever one you want just make it the same in both

M61.m1s
'M61 (relay turns off for restore to normal 5k speed)
DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT5)

'Regards,
'Scott
fun times
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 02:45:29 AM »
Thankyou Scott

I have made M60.m1s file and write following thing
'M60
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT5)

and similarly for M61 as deactivate signal. now when writing M60 ro M61 into my Gcode program it is giving following error message.
"No Trigger in P Word, ignoring M60"

Please tell me what to do. I am saving M60.m1s file into "C:\Mach3\macros\Mach3Mill". Is it OK?

Thanks

Regards

Sanlee