Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:27:45 PM

Author Topic: Manual limit override  (Read 3946 times)

Manual limit override
« on: February 05, 2008, 05:16:42 PM »
I am having problems with my limits not working as I have said in a previous post. I just noticed that in the settings screen the manual limit override light is flashing. I 'm wondering if this is related to my other problem. How do I correct this?
Re: Manual limit override
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »
this happens to me when a limit is actually hit - have you checked with Diagnostics to make sure that your limit switches are set up and operating correctly?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 07:32:26 PM »
What is your other problem?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 06:56:10 AM »
Yes, all my limits switches are working. I have them in series.When I go to diagnostics screen, and trip one of the switches, all three lights go on as expected. I have them set up for 5 volts. Everything seems hooked up correctly, but when I run an axis to the switch, it will not stop. I get no EStop. I have tried active high, active low, to no avail. Like I said, The manual limit override is constantly flashing. Is there a way to reset or turn this off?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 07:31:03 AM »
Manual limit override is meant so that once a limit has been tripped and the Reset is flashing, you are then able to press the Reset and you can then Jog off the limit. The Jog will be at a slower rate, this is a safety thing so that if you jog the wrong way it is not going full speed.
Can you please attach your xml file as if you are seeing the limits working in the diags screen it has to be a setting that is wrong. You will have to rename your xml to attach it or the forum will not accept it as an attachment.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:10:04 AM »
I will send my XML file when I get home. Thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 04:57:01 PM »
I had my limit set incorrectly in the input section of setup. I just didn't scroll down far enough. Thanks for all the help.