Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:01:26 PM

Author Topic: Oem/VB- "Ref Home" & Numeric Key pad?  (Read 7589 times)

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
Oem/VB- "Ref Home" & Numeric Key pad?
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:43:07 AM »
Question:

1.- When I use the OEM code for "Ref Home", the machine zero's all Axis at once. What is the proper OEM code/or what is the VB script function. I noticed that Mach3 has a VB script function for "Ref Home" but could not find the VB code. Any one got it?

2. How would you go about creating an on "screen numeric key pad" to enter field in Mach 3? Or has any one already made one for Mach 3?

Thanks for any help- Zealouse
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 07:37:48 AM by zealouse »

ynneb

Re: Oem/VB- "Ref Home" & Numeric Key pad?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:20:09 AM »
I have seen a screen capture of an alpha numeric touch screen but wouldnt know where to find it. Ill see If I can hunt it down.
In the mean time, have a crack at one yourself.

I know nothing about VB script buttons except that they exist, and where to find them and edit them. In Mach itself, click "config' "Edit button scripts" and push that selection. You will then see all the buttons that have scripts start to flash, select the ref all home button to see the script. Sorry I can tell you any more than that. The wiki in the support section of the artsoft web site will tell you more information. Sorry I cant help much more than that.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 09:25:11 AM »
Ynneb,
Great I'll take alook at the VB scripts in Mach3 and in the Wiki support.

Maybe I can make buttons with a VB script attached to each for the numeric key pad.
I'd like the "numeric pad" to be  built in to Mach3
Do you know if the OEM codes are compiled VB scripts?

I was wondering if the new screen designer will be using Flash componits?
I use Flash allot and not only for websites.
I found using Fireworks is very effective for making interfaces as well.

P.S. Your video's are great, thanks for making them ;D

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 09:50:34 AM »
You said the magic word "Flash" I have been eternally hasling Art to intergrate flash into Mach. If Flash was intergrated then the sky is the limit for design. Art says it cant be done, but I have seen other programs where it has been done. I have been poo pooed ( Not by Art) about the suggestion of flash. Many only think it is for doing facny moving pictures, they do not realize how dynamic it could make the interface. Do you have any pointers for intergration of flash into a c program. Could you please show me any work you have done where this hasbeen done.

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 10:11:16 AM »
Ynneb,
Found all the codes I need and will be able to write some codes of my own for Mach3.
Thanks never notice the "Edit button scripts". :o
Here is the code if any one els is looking:

DoButton( 24 )
DoButton( 23 )
DoButton( 22 )
DoButton( 25 )

Which is interesting, because its actually calling on the ref home X,Y,Z,A buttons independently from there OEM code.
You could also call on a multiple of actions or many individual buttons from one button as well.
Interesting... ::)

I agree Flash is the best way to go ever more so since Adobe and Macromedia merged, Yes I can show some work of intergating Flash into a C program, let me get back to you in a bit.
Cheers

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 10:31:51 AM »
Dont delay, I have only just had further talk with Art and he is telling me it cant be done with flash and c++
I dont wish to win a point. I just wish to get what I want :)

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2006, 06:06:26 PM »
Ynneb,
I'm back ;D

Okay first, I know a little bit about programing but I work mainly with CAD/CAM,3D and Flash/HTML. I have friends and colleges that  know much more.

Art and all of his talented team members are super smart and have super talents, I would like to see Flash as a part of Mach 3/4/5 and promoting a direction for them to consider and they probably all ready know everything I'm about to say anyways but as desighners we all know how nice it is to work in Flash. ;D

Ynneb, hope this helps us get Flash support in Mach 3/4/5 :)

So with that said this is what I have:

ways to communicate between the two languages:

fscommand() function

1. To control a SWF file in Flash Player from web browser scripting languages such as JavaScript, VB Script, and Microsoft JScript, you can use Flash Player methods--functions that send messages from a host environment to the SWF file. For example, you could have a link in an HTML page that sends your SWF file to a specific frame.
In Visual Basic, Visual C++, and other programs that can host ActiveX controls, fscommand() sends a VB event with two strings that can be handled in the environment's programming language.

External API

2. The ExternalInterface class is also called the External API, which is a new subsystem that lets you easily communicate from ActionScript and the Flash Player container to an HTML page with JavaScript or to a desktop application that embeds Flash Player.

Compile the programme with objects that will have API dependency's in VB or C+.
You can bring Flash in to VB script but at the end of the projects compile it with Active X API dependency's.

Here are some places to read up:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00001597.html
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00001595.html

You can have your own ActiveX controls running in IE that can communicate
with Flash player.

If standalone, the you need to look at third party wrapper tools such as
SwfStudio, mProjector, Zinc, flaProjector etc.

Look at External Interface

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/00002200.html

*I'll have an interface demo using the above formula soon.
-Zealouse

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2006, 02:04:34 AM »
Sorry for the delay... I'll have the file uploaded with in the next day or two. Trying to do too many things at once :-\
Promise not to disappoint.
Here is a quick demo of using Java script.
I attached the file
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 02:14:56 AM by zealouse »