Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 03:38:08 AM

Author Topic: Problem zeroing to part  (Read 7671 times)

Re: Problem zeroing to part
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008, 01:34:42 PM »
Hi Hood,
That's just it.. I don't even have limit switches on this mill. I don't know if it's associated with the problem I'm experiencing, but I tried using the Auto Limitoverride Option in settings, which didn't "override" anything.. I noticed the Manual limit override, again, didn't know if it pertained to this but it doesn't let me click on it anyway.
Is there a way to make the system ignore these limit errors?

Thanks for the replies AND the attaching a file tip!  ;)

Michael

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008, 01:40:59 PM »
Please attach your xml for the profile you use, if its just the standard Mach3 Mill then it is the Mach3Mill.xml, you will find it in your Mach 3 folder. You will have to first copy it to another location on your drive then rename it or the forum wont allow you to attach it. Rename it as mrscheider.xml as an exaple.
 It seems strange you are getting limits triggering when you dont have any setup, unless you do have them set up in ports and pins, Inputs page? If that is the case then disable them and see if your problem goes away.

Hood
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2008, 02:16:08 PM »
Hi Hood,
Okay, attached the file. I disabled the home switches under ports and pins during initial setup.. but there are some other options.. X++, Y++, etc.
These are enabled. Are these the Limit switches? I can try turning those off and see how it goes.
I cannot thank you enough for your help!!

Very best regards,

Michael

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2008, 02:26:39 PM »
Yes these are the limits, you have them enabled and asigned to pins on your port, this is probably the source of your problems as if you have anything else connected to these pins you will get false triggers, also if you dont have anything else  asigned to these pins it is likely you will get false triggers depending on the way your breakout board works.
Hood
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 03:40:37 PM »
Hi Hood,

Yeah, that looks like it did the trick. Excellent!
Now I can get on to the next issue.. .which should be just around the corner!  :D
Appreciate you taking the time to stick with me and help me figure that one out!

Michael