Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:57:06 AM

Author Topic: Erratic Toolpath Display  (Read 4239 times)

Erratic Toolpath Display
« on: January 14, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
What causes this?

One of my computers has always had an erratic toolpath display.  I've always blamed it on the el-cheapo built-in video.

I just installed a Quatro and get the same result.

Thanks,
Walt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Erratic Toolpath Display
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 05:00:27 PM »
I would have said it was video card with too little memory but as you have upgraded it cant be, however maybe you are getting a conflict, have you disabled the onboard graphics (if you can that is)?

Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 11:16:42 PM »
Well, I found no way to disable the onboard graphics.  I did find a rather trivial setting in the bios that sets whether it looks to the pci or the agp first.
Didn't seem to make any difference in the performance at all.  The entire card made very little performance difference just going by the seat of my pants.

So, I added more memory.   It had 3/4 of a gig.  I took out the 1/4 gig strip and put in a 1 gig card.  Very little increase in performance and absolutely no difference in the jagged display from Mach 3.

I'm thinking it must be some setting I've made in Mach3 but I sure can't find it.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,
Walt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:09:51 AM »
Cant think of any setting in Mach that would cause that, have you looked at your Graphics Harware Acelleration? maybe it is turned down for some reason.
Hood

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
Do you have this hooked to a machine? I want to say your in "Motion Mode" set to "Exact Stop", located in Config/Gen Config...is your machine also following the path described in the Toolpath screen? Try to uninstall mach. Delete the Mach3 folder and reinstall to see if that makes a difference if not the latter.
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
No, this computer is not hooked up to a machine.
I've tried setting the motion mode back and forth to no avail.
As suggested, I did a clean install.  It helped a great deal but didn't completely cure it.
Here's what it looks like now:

I find it even odder that it would only partially cure the problem.  Has to be something in the computer.  At least it's at a tolerable level now.

Thanks for the suggestions,
Walt

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 05:50:36 PM »
Maybe its just the AGP bus on the mobo thats screwed, try downloading some graphics benchmarks and see how it performs, 3D Mark should give it a workout.
Hood