Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:00:17 PM

Author Topic: Offsets will not generate a correct offset  (Read 3064 times)

Offsets will not generate a correct offset
« on: January 13, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »
I have a part designed and I need the tool to offset to the outside so that the part diameter does not change.  I have a tool that is .12" in diameter selected and choose outside in the drop down box.  When I create offset it does create an offset outside the chain but when it does this it is really shrinking the original line.  So what I end up with is an offset line that is really in the same place as the original line place.

Here is a screen shot of the file before offset

Here it is after.  The offset is on the outside of the chain but is really the same size as before.  It has really offset the original chain to the inside of the tool path.
Re: Offsets will not generate a correct offset
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 10:03:50 PM »
Hey there,
What you are actually seeing is the offset being added correctly and the entire drawing rescaled to fit the extents window.
Look at the upper right corner. The small white scale bar changes when you add the offset.
Be sure to delete the original profile before posting and it will post the code correctly.
Good luck with it,
RC
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 01:10:50 AM »
Could you please explain what you mean by deleting the original profile before posting?  Thanks.
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 02:34:02 AM »
Forget my last post, I figured out what you mean.  Thanks a lot, it is working great now.