Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 03:51:48 AM

Author Topic: usb ports  (Read 4693 times)

usb ports
« on: March 09, 2007, 04:39:23 PM »
i have been running my mach3 with the normal 25 pin connection, now my new laptoponly has usb connections. I tried 2 different adapters with no sucess. Goes anyone know of a usb connector to a male 25pin connector. Any help would be great... Thanks
Re: usb ports
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 06:35:51 PM »
The USB printer adapters are crap.  They will only allow you to run a printer.  The only thing I have found, because I too have a laptop without a parallel port, is a pcmcia parallel port.  They are almost impossible to find locally.  I've tried all of the consumer stores.  They are availabe online for $60-$120.  If it has a compatability list, its a good idea to check it.  The two models I've looked at are the cbp=220http://www.koutech.com/proddetail.asp?linenumber=213. and  the Quatech spp-100.  I hope this helps.

Mike...

Offline Garyv

•  103 103
    • View Profile
Re: usb ports
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 04:28:37 PM »
I  just ordered one of the PCMCIA parallel ports for  my laptop because of a computer failier too..
   And now I just found out that my new laptop has a PCMCIA EXPRESS port it does not let that card in so I am back to looking for a used comp to run MACH in again..
So double check your new laptop to see if it has a PCMCIA regular port not the newer EXPRESS card port..