Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:19:15 PM

Author Topic: Z issue , reoccuring.  (Read 3082 times)

Z issue , reoccuring.
« on: October 16, 2007, 01:43:33 AM »
 Hi everyone, Her is an image of what I find once in a while when I open the shop door !

http://www.enseignesbp.com/galeries/index.php?twg_album=Notre+%E9quipe&twg_show=IM000217.JPG
See how my Z axis went berzerkĀ  on letters "ns" and so on through the rest of the "oasis" word. I did many tests tonight and can't figure it out. All my tests revealed a precision of .002" on the z axis. Set screws are tight. Speeds: xy : 30 ipm, z plunge : 10ipms wich I feel are quite slow but they keep the grooves clean in tight radiuses. The gcode was generated with V-carve, the draw was done with Corel draw 12, impored to .ai 5.
any help welcome !
A good day starts with how you see it....

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Z issue , reoccuring.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 06:39:42 AM »
Tell us more about your set-up. Do you have fans cooling your drives? Was this a long run? Looks like it may have skipped steps or slipped when the z was going up. What are your rapids set at?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Z issue , reoccuring.
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 08:29:18 AM »
 Hi chaoticone, I do have a 4 inch computer fan temperatures in my shop are reasonable (evenings are cool this time of year in Quebec), I have done longer runs without bugs, rapids were 200ipm on xy, 50 on Z.
 I will do the second face today and will sit by to see if I can spot the trouble. I'dd prefer it doesn't happen at all !!!

Dan !
A good day starts with how you see it....