Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:39:09 PM

Author Topic: Saving DRO Values  (Read 4680 times)

Saving DRO Values
« on: May 03, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »
Does anyone know how to save user DRO values in mach3? I need to save some values when mach3 is closed and use them again the next time it is opened. Is there a way to do it in a plugin? If so, how?

Thanks,

Carl

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Saving DRO Values
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 08:49:45 PM »
On the general config page you should check the persistant DRO option.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 09:10:47 PM »
I have that selected, but it does not save all of them. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm using a macro to write to the DROs.

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:47:59 AM »
Hi Carl - Not sure if this is pertinent to what you want but... If for example you're intending saving the axis position DRO values it may not achieve what you want. If you're using steppers and microstepping there are issues with motors staying where you left them and starting them anew from where you left off. One good reason for allways starting with a ref all. Like I say, this may not be an issue for you but just thought I'd mention it just in case.
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:56:20 PM »
I am creating a semi-closed loop control for mach3. I just need to be able to save some settings that are send out to MCUs via the SmoothStepper. It is too much hassle to enter the settings in every time you start up mach.

I don't know why,  but some of the user DROs I created are saved when mach3 is closed. Others are not. Any ideas? I really need to figure this out.

Thanks a lot,

Carl

Offline Tarak

•  229 229
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 04:16:30 AM »
Hi Carl, I believe the newest version has fixed the problem of saving the DRO's
Darc

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 06:14:24 AM »
Carl.

I use a lot of DRO's for some of my Macro programs - these are user DRO's. Mach 3 saves all these, and they appear untouched the next time you start up.
Other DRO's (not USER DRO's) may, I think, change on start-up dependent on what triggers them.

Which DRO's change ? ???

I think I would create my settings on an ALL UserDRO table and then transfer them across to the "correct" DROs when you run your Macro. If some of them involve active DRO's, you may have to copy them back to your table before you close down (using another Macro)

Jim
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.