Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 06:50:36 AM

Author Topic: vista-virtual pc 2007-xp-mach3  (Read 5607 times)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
vista-virtual pc 2007-xp-mach3
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:30:30 PM »
MR ART

just want to ask, have you messed around with installing virtual pc on a vista machine then installing win xp and configure xp to run mach3.
i have played with virtual pc under xp so i could use some old systems 98 and dos .stuff runs really well.plus you can have all systems doing
something at the same time.

plus i want to thank you and your group for the time and work that has been spent.well done!
upgraded to 3.0 yesterday and the differance is notable in the macnine running and in the use of l-cam.

thanks bill

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
Re: vista-virtual pc 2007-xp-mach3
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
I have VPC on my desktop to run Turbocad. Lots of trouble with it in Vista.
It is a little difficult getting XP and Vista on the same page recognizing resources and drives. I only simulate with Mach 3 on this computer. I am running Mach 3 on the new shop computer though. No VPC on it. Apparently you can only lod VPC on Vista Ultimate, which is what I have on the Desktop, but only have basic in the shop.

I would like to hear though if someone has been able to run Mach in VPC.
I am having some minor issues with the shop computer. I never had those issues with my older PC's.
Lee

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 03:10:09 PM »
lee
i have messed with vpc installed on xp to do some testing and so far it is showing some strong points.but at this time i do not have a copy of vista.
are you using microsoft vpc 2007? it looks to me at this time that if you had a setup using vista,vpc,xp and mach it should be pretty stable.
i would think that all the things that mess up mach could be handled by vista and xp would be running in a stripped down mode.
the main thing that i have noticed is that all devices that you plan on using must be configured in vista first if you don't then the sub systems won't
be able to hav access to them.example if you wan't to add a second lpt card you have to install it in vista first before you install xp.
if you try to install the lpt card after vista and xp are installed you won't be able to access the card with xp.
this is a interesting subject to me maybee we can get it working.

thanks bill

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 07:52:24 PM »
I will be bringing my other control box inside in a few weeks to rewire it for another project. I can test my desktop then. I looked a little closer at it. It is 2007. It also shows where it should be easy to setup the ports with VPC. Here is a screen shot.
Lee