Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:16:26 AM

Author Topic: Trouble with Mach Quit Running  (Read 2761 times)

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
Trouble with Mach Quit Running
« on: December 28, 2007, 06:10:11 AM »
Hi all, hope every one is enjoying the holiday season.
I've been running Mach3 for about six months. It runs on a Dell optiples gx150, w/256 memory. It has ran flawlessly since day one.
During the holidays I needed to cut a sign for a customer. This is the largest file I have ever cut 200,000+ lines.
While cutting Mach just quit running. When trying to restart Mach the driver would not load. I finally RESTORED the Computer to a few days earlier and everything worked for awhile (maybe 1 hr) the Mach just quit again. I did not have to restore the computer to get Mach to run again, but I'm at a loss as to why this is happening.
This computer has never been hooked to the internet since I have had it. Checking everything all appears to be clean.
Does Mach require large amount of memory if the file is large?
Any ideas will be welcome.
Thanks olf20
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with Mach Quit Running
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 10:10:22 AM »
Did it quit at the same place each time ???

I know my very small programs (by that standard) are checked by the computer before they run and any faults are highlighted. I wondered if this was doing the same, but checking the program in batches - and cutting out when it found a fault.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 11:15:29 AM »
You may have problems with large files and your graphics card if its not got a lot of memory as the toolpath takes a fair bit to generate. You can cure this by turning off the toolpath if using very large files. However this doesnt seem to be your problem as I would think  it should have problems on loading the code and not  running it.
 Could be your computer though thats having problems, maybe your memory has a bad bit in it and it just so happens that with this large file its getting used, this especially seems to hold water when you had to restore to get up and running again. If you have two sticks of memory try removing one and seeing if the problem persists.
Hood

Offline olf20

•  325 325
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 04:27:19 PM »
Thanks for the replys!!

I'm not 100% sure if it quit in the exact same place as I was engraving a picture with Vcarve. The first time it was well into 3 hrs of cutting. I ran the program on my computer at home (nothing hooked up) to make sure ETOK. Nothing showed up. I make this somewhat of a practice on new and large files, just to make sure that I did make a mistake somewhere.

As far as the computer, if this happens again I will try and remove on memory stick.

Gotta get this fixed, as some of our work runs 12 - 20 hours.

The big puzzle is Mach just quitting.

Thanks guys!!
olf20
Mach3, Atlas Knee Mill, 4th Axis, VcarvePro, ESS, Super PID.
Been Heating with corn since 1998