Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:45:41 AM

Author Topic: Estop at wrong times web cam how do i ? help  (Read 8195 times)

Estop at wrong times web cam how do i ? help
« on: December 26, 2007, 01:47:16 PM »
Hi  All Been a while since  i  have  been back  here 
its  xmass  what  beter   time  to  play  with  my  toy  and  create  myself  more  problems
any  help  or  pointers  to  posts  that  may  help  apreaciated

ok  i  upgraded to  day  to  ver  R2.62   checked  opration  all  seems  good

ok  i have  my  system  set  up  with  soft  limits   this  works  very  good  but  i  have  to  remeber  to  switch  off befor doing a  ref all
if  i  do  not  then  it  seems  to  ref  the  z axis   ok but  when  it  hits  the  limit  switch on  the y axis  it  trips the  estop  with  the  warning
limits .  I  have  to  switch  of  limits  then  ref  then move all the axis away from  the  limit switches  then  switch  on soft limits again.
this  was also happing on  the old  version  that i was using .  is  there a way  that  i  can  change the code  behind  the  ref all button to  do  the above  automaticly  ie  switch  of  soft limits  ref all drives then move drives to  a set  position  then  switch  soft limits  on  again .
or  is  somthing  not  right  on  my  system .

I also  find a  problem  when i  call  for  NFS wizards  to  load  this also  caused my  system  to  trip  the  estop  i  can  only  think  that  the reset  is  not  sent  to  the  cambell board that  i  am  using  and  the watchdog times  out and  trips  the system  while  these are  loading
any  one  had  this  problem  befor .

Now  the  good  news  i  have  set  up  my  webcam  and  seem  to  have  this  working ok  but  cant  find  any  instructions  on  using  it
my intention  was  to  have  it  set  with an  offset   x+50 y-50   this  i  have  done I  can  now use  the camra to   center  on  say  a 6mm hole  then  type  the offset value into the dro for x and  y  this  then allowes  me  to  put  the  cutter back into  the  hole at x=0 y=0
I  was  looking   for a  button that  would  let  me  do  this automaticly   or  have  i  missed  somthing  here

anyway  thanks  for  reading  this   and  any  help you  can  give   

Bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Estop at wrong times web cam how do i ? help
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 02:57:21 PM »
You should NOT have to turn off softlimits to reference, you have something amiss. Can you post your xml to see if there is a seeting wrong. Could be noise on your limits though, so maybe try the debounce up to 2000 and see if that helps, if it does then lower it step by step until you hit the problem again.
Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »
Hmmmmmmmmm, will have to check mine. I think I have to turn off soft limits to Ref as well.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 06:17:53 AM »
I am having much the same problem with mine -  I set x home, and it homes correctly, but as it backs off the limit/home switch it triggers the e-stop - I have to reset the e-stop before setting z home.(which then does the same thing)  I will try the debounce solution as suggested.

Brett - yes - I had Skype, (to talk with my son in Iraq) but then wiped it off after he came home. I will download it again and get in touch.

Back to this thread though - how did you go on downloading your web-cam - did windows automaticall install it, and then did it run first time with Mach 3 ???  Did you have to adjust any settings or drivers ???
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 07:33:11 AM »
Hey Jim,
    THe webcam, optical edge finder I got from member zarzul came with a cd that had the drivers and other software. Before ever pluging the camera in, I installed only the drivers. Once that was finished, I pluged it in, opened Mach, video window and it all worked great. I will play with it a little today. I don't remember having to adjust any settings or drivers.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »
Hi  My  webcam  worked  first  time    i  loaded  it  with  its  normal  drivers into  windows   once  that  was  working  started  mach  3 and  it works  fine     only  thing  that does  nor  work  is  the  button  to  start / set   webcam  this  reports  that  it  can  not  start  webcam  but  it  is  allready  working    just  about  to  go  get  my  xml  file   and  chak  again  what  happens 

bill
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 06:17:24 PM »
Hi Guys 
well  i  had  a  look  again  tonight  at  my  system  still could  not  find  why  if  will  not  reff unless i  take  of  the  soft  limits     so  in  the  end  i  added  this  code to  both  reff all  buttons   

If getOEMled(23) Then DoButton(29)
DoButton( 24 )
DoButton( 23 )
DoButton( 22 )
DoButton( 25 )

code "g0 x5y5z-2"

While Ismoving()
Wend

Dobutton(29)

this  now  seems  to  have  solved  the  problem  for  now  anyway 
still  having  the  estop problem  when  loading  nF wizards  though 

sorry  could  not  find  where  the  ini file  was 

bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 06:22:07 PM »
Bill just out of interest what do you have the softlimits set to?
Hood

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 10:34:54 AM »
Bill - sorry to jump into the post -

Brett - yes, got that, I might try and get hold of Zarzul and get him to e-mail the drivers

Thanks.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 07:58:11 PM »
ok  i  found  the  mistake  in  my  code   got  it  working  to  night  to  ref  the axis  then  found  that  when  i  wanted  to  move  if  5 mm in on  x  and  y   it  ended  up  in  midel  of  table   .....
then  realised  i  wanted  to  call the  move  in  machen  coordinat  system  so  changed  the  code by  adding  g53   and  g54  as below     need  to look  and  see if  i  can  just  comand  in  abs  mode
or  check  if  i  am  using  g54  or  some  other  offset  copy  it   and  then  put  it  back  into  that  mode  after  i ref  but  for  now  will leave  as  g54 

bill

If getOEMled(23) Then DoButton(29)
DoButton( 24 )
DoButton( 23 )
DoButton( 22 )
DoButton( 25 )

code "G53 g0 x5y5z-2"
code "g54"

While Ismoving()
Wend

Dobutton(29)