Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:49:39 AM

Author Topic: Need help bad  (Read 2530 times)

Need help bad
« on: December 24, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »
Hi
I am a new user. I built a CNC machine and found out that was the easy part.  For the last five weeks I go to my shop every night and spend hours trying to learn the software (Mach 3 and LazyCam).  It is all trial and error.  I have two computers set up next to one another so I can watch the tutorials as I work on my machine.  The tutorials are great but in most cases it assumes that the person watching it knows the terminology and knows what they are doing (I DON’T). A couple of times I have been ready to pack it in up but the next day I am right back in this chair.  I don’t want to do anything spectacular I just want it to work...  I know what my machine is capable of doing but it just won’t cooperate.
I figured out most of the basics but the one thing that is really getting me down is I can’t seem to figure out how to set the offsets for spindle height.  I am never consistent no matter what is put in the offsets. Sometimes I bury the bit but most of the time the bit doesn't’t quite touch the work. I am just trying to cut my name to start then I will go from there.  IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP PLEASE RESPOND REMEMBER IF YOU RESPOND PLEASE DUMB IT DOWN WAY DOWN NEED STEP BY STEP.

Mike
 >:( ???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Need help bad
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2007, 08:35:41 AM »
Mike, I have sent you a personal message.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!