Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:27:39 PM

Author Topic: New Computer, Now Mach won't run my machine!  (Read 6930 times)

Re: New Computer, Now Mach won't run my machine!
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2007, 01:32:31 PM »
The way I understand this is that I should be able to wire all the limit switches in parallel to one input on the computer. I would use indicator lights to let me know which limit has tripped the machine. Then I will use three inputs for the X/Y (dual X, one Y) home location. Since these are digital inputs and not anylog I should be able to use relays that the prox sensors will close and the common/NO pins on the relays for the input to the computer. Am I correct in my thinking?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2007, 01:34:26 PM by Les Peterson »
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2007, 02:00:32 PM »
The limits are in SERIES.
Here is an example with separate home switches.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 05:35:52 PM »
As has been said if you want to use 1 pin for limits then wire in series. You also mention having relays and lights, that should work OK but is it really needed? you would be able to see which axis was on a limit just by  looking at the router as easily as looking at lights.

Hood
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Hey guys, I've found all of your discussions to be very informational.  Still no matter what I do my comp is still saying "could not locate missng vectors". I've tried almost all of your suggestions from previous posts to no avail. Any other ideas? I greatly appreciate yur time!