Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:12:04 PM

Author Topic: Auto oiler  (Read 12338 times)

Re: Auto oiler
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
I am using the brain downloaded from the first page of this thread, I printed poppabears post and will  go back over it all in the morning, I have fiddled with it enough that I may have un checked  cummulative or changed the delay to some other value. What ever is going on it energizes my relay activating the oiler everytime the spindle is started , even if its stopped and started multiple times in a few minute period, it activates each time. Thanks for the help I will read and re-read all this again tommorow while standing at the machine and I am sure what ever I have changed or screwed up will leap out at me
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2009, 06:43:01 AM »
Hi RT,
 With Accumulative checked, the oiler will come on every time you start IF the machine/spindle has been OFF for the duration of the timer. UN check Accumulative and the delay always begins when you start the spindle, then oils after the delay time. This would be better for short runs.
I think that's the crux of it.
RC

Yup...with Accumulative checked, M3 starts the timer but it dont stop when you M5, it runs until it times out at the ON pulse and waits there for the M3 again, then oils and continues on. So if the timer delay is 20 min., your run is 5 and you are down 10, it will oil 5 into the next run. If the run is 5 and you are doun 15, it will oil at the next M3. If there is a way to pause the timer while m3 is OFF, you'd be set.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 07:37:45 AM by Overloaded »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2009, 08:18:35 AM »
Hey RT,

I have made another Brain for you to try, this one is dependant on Spindle Run Time only, it watches the Spindle ON Led.  I put an initial Oiler delay of 20 minutes as you fellers have been discussing, but, you can change it to what you want.
It uses an accumulator, so the first time after you boot up mach3, and you push or turn on Spindle CW or CCW, the delay will start counting up it is cumlative on Spindle run time, so after total spindle on time reaches 20 minutes it will oil for 2 seconds. Then it will count a delay until repeat of 20 minute of accumlative run time, and shoot again, etc.
it is set to OUTPUT6 as your machine.
NOTE: The Spindle RUN led will turn off AFTER you have pused the spindle off or what ever depending on your spindle Accel/deccel curves. So, if you have a decel of 1 second, the Spindle ON led will still be light for one second AFTER you tell it to be off.........

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2009, 10:52:23 AM »
Overloaded pointed out that the above brain is still triggering on M3 regardless of how far in the cycle it is, so that leads me to believe that there is a bug in the way the accumalator is counting on the delays at the input side.

that being the case..........  Put this in your "MacroPump" and smoke it........

'macropump.m1s
'Var(100) is for the counter interlock

DelayTimerAccumalator = GetVar(101) 'delay accumalated time
TimerValue1 = (GetTimer(1)/1000) 'Delay timer (timers are in ms so divide by 1000 for seconds)
TimerValue2 = (GetTimer(2)/1000) 'timer ON for oiler

If GetOEMLED(11) And GetVar(100) = 0 Then
   SetTimer(1)
                SetVar(100,1)
end if
If Not(GetOEMLED(11)) And GetVar(100) = 1 Then
   SetVar(100,0)
End If

If GetOEMLED(11) Then
   NewTimerValue1 = TimerValue1
   TimerDiff = Abs(NewTimerValue1 - OldTimerValue1)
   DelayTimerAccumalator = (DelayTimerAccumalator + TimerDiff)
   SetVar(101,DelayTimerAccumalator)
   OldTimerValue1 = NewTimerValue1
End If

If DelayTimerAccumalator > 1200 Then
   SetTimer(2)
   TimerValue2 = (GetTimer(2)/1000) 'timer ON for oiler
      If TimerValue2 < 2 Then
         ActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)
      End If
      If TimerValue2 >= 2 Then
         DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)
         SetVar(100,0)
         SetVar(101,0)
         SetTimer(1)
         SetTimer(2)
      End If
End If

'scott
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 12:47:54 PM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2009, 02:26:45 PM »
Hi Scott,

i've build brains for an auto-oiler too - and now i want to use the same in macropump :-)

but thats hard (for me) :-(
my first macropump is just 5 minutes old and switch the pulleys ...

my brains
(i've made 3 seperate brains because written in one lobe it didn't work ...)
one brain isn't shown here - it redirect output 10 11 and 12 seperate to Output4

my machine (Maho MH400) needs a lubrication on following events:
- when nothing happen on energized mill: an impulse every 8 hours
- on start of machine (switch on) an impulse
- at start of movement and the last impulse has least more then 32 minutes an impulse at the beginning of movement
- during move still on (on any axis) an impulse every 16 minutes

and every event reset the counter and next impulse occur on nearest event

Maybe that anyone can use this brains and anyone can help me to made it within macropump.
(my brains are really full and more will made Mach3 a little bit lazy ...)

Frank

BTW: it may look a little bit confus - but thats one working ok for me.
When trying to made it more simple it didn't work in every case :-(
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:29:44 PM by jimmybondi »