Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:07:33 AM

Author Topic: Designing screens for mach 2?  (Read 7206 times)

Offline PRT

•  5 5
    • View Profile
Designing screens for mach 2?
« on: October 19, 2007, 08:15:43 AM »
Hi,

my company just bought a licence of Mach2. We are working on a small plotting machine. I was chosen to work the Mach software out, but came upon a few problems while doing it.

1. I'd want to edit/make a new screen for my mach soft. so that the person who's going to operate the machine will only have the access to a couple functions such as start/stop/switching tables/.   After a couple hours of searching I downloaded screen4 editor, but didn't find any feedback wheather a screen made in screen4 will be compatible with mach2 6.1 application??

2. Is there a way to make a screen protected by a password? Such as the machine operator only has access to start/stop etc, and in the password protected screen there are calibration options and so on.. ??

I don't know if i made myself clear, though i'd be greatfull for any support given..
my e-mail is wojtekpastuszak@prt.gda.pl

Thanks,
Wojtek

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Designing screens for mach 2?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 10:34:48 AM »
crazy question, why did you get Mach2?  Mach3 is much better.......

at any rate.

Your questions
1).  Screen 4 can design for Mach2
2).  You can't directly password protect your screens like you want, BUT.....  You can do it indirectly
      In screen 4 put a image button on the screen, put image as none, on the Hotkeys button tick it off and hit some key combination like Alt-w or what ever, and shrink the button down to its smallest size, then hide it under a company bitmap logo in the bottom right corner or something, put no other buttons around the logo. The chances would be real low that an operator would be randomly cliking on a logo for no reason. BUT, when you need to goto the other set up pages you just hit the hot key combo.

I have attached a screen set example done as above for your review, I have called the screen set "Hidden", copy and paste it into the Mach2/3 main directory, open Mach then hit view, then load screens, then navigate to the "Hidden" screen and hit ok, play with it, but before you close mach, reload your old screen back in place OEM is 1024.

NOTE: If for some reason your user is drifting around the mouse all over your Logo, if he goes over the "Hidden" button, his mouse will turn to a hand, if he pushes it, it will goto the other page, thus why I say put the logo as a larger object off by it self with no buttons around it.

Scott
fun times

Offline PRT

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 06:55:10 AM »
Thanks for a quick reply poppabear!

Well, as i said i'm quite new into the cnc steering topic, guess companies in Poland are too, they sell only mach2 :sick:.
Bounded with having "only?" mach2 i hope i'll be able to make it work..

Good thinking about restricting the access to the configuration screen!! Though in our company we always prepare the machine for the worst possible :)
I need a good read through Screen4 manuals, thanks again for supporting the basic knowledge..

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
Well, I dont understand, then,

If you can reach this forum, then you can purchase Mach 3 or download it from this very site!!
I am an OEM as well and could sell you a license, or you could by it directly from this site.

All you would need to do, is download the Mach 3 Demo, then use your Mach2 lic. to make it work.

I could email you, a Mach3 Demo and you could use your Mach2 lic. for it as well, or just buy a new lic.

scott
fun times

Offline PRT

•  5 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 07:55:16 AM »
So to make it clear, a Mach 2 license  works for Mach 3?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 07:58:40 AM »
yes
fun times