Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:23:50 PM

Author Topic: help with lifting z axis  (Read 3048 times)

help with lifting z axis
« on: December 11, 2007, 10:31:06 AM »
Hi,
Am wanting to engrave some text amongst other tasks and am unsure on how to set up Mach 3 (demo) to allow me during the program run after the first cut to lift the z axis before moving (jogging) to another part of the work and then dropping again to allow further cuts. I presume you can set this as opposed to manually editing the g code. At present my z axis stays at the same height throughout the whole program (jogging included). My file imports are dxf. Any advice?

Cheers, Shamus

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
Re: help with lifting z axis
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
Set the start height and cut height in lazy cam

KTM
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 06:15:56 AM »
Thanks for that. But being a newbie how do you do that? Also when I attempt to import into Mach I have to save as an lcam file and can't get it into mach?

Shamus

Offline KTM

•  92 92
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 12:57:28 AM »
Hi Shamus
OK lets begin at the beginning - make a simple drawing in autocad eg. a circle or square(or whatever drawing program you use) save it as a dxf.Now open mach. Go to file-lazycam. Once lazycam is open click on open DXF. You now have your drawing in lazycam. set the cut height an start height in the layers tab.click on post code.tick the relevant boxes and click OK. Now open mach and run your program.
Then I recommend that you read the wiki manual.

KTM