Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:54:59 AM

Author Topic: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)  (Read 254570 times)

was: Coil winding machine - and a filament winding maybe ?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »
Hi to all, this project sounds quite interesting to me, but I would also get your opinion about the feasibility of a similar machine to be used for winding wet reinforcing fibers (technical name of technology is "filament winding") around a mandrel.
The main difference between the coil winding and the filament winding is that the fibers should follow an angled pattern (crossing at certain degrees) instead of being parallel to each other.

Thanks

Paolo
Re: Coil winding machine ( Wizard needed)
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2006, 09:17:19 PM »
Hi all you coil winders out there
Ihope this project does not stall before it gets off the ground.
Wishing to automate the winding of coils for special alternators for use in small scale wind turbines.
In these coils it is important to keep the actual thickness of the coil to a minimum and to acheive this the change of direction has to be acurate so as not to have uneven layers.
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2006, 09:52:27 PM »
as far as the winder mine is built just a matter of swapping steppers over but had to keep the standard motors on for now  to much to do and never enough time ::)  anyways lookin forward to this
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 01:58:53 AM »
Benny,

I know you've detailed this before, and forvgive me for asking here if this is not the place...

What software tools are you using to create the screens you post?

What specific software was used to create this coil winder screen?

Thank you in advance,

Ballendo

So far the only variables I can think of are as attached.
Can anyone think of any others.

We could use a single BMP with invisible buttons and inputs. This would make it easy to do.

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 11:30:09 PM »
Ok I'll bite, I got a machine built and will have it next week at the cnc-workshop. I just sent the funds to buy the program today.  I'll post pictures of the machine tomorrow.  It uses 2 sure step steppers and a chunk of hsk rail and ballscrew I had lying arround.

I'm one of those guys that is better at hardware than software, so I realy apreshiate your offer for the coding. What format would you like the screen graphics in? Brian will you be at the workshop?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006, 06:44:59 AM »
Sounds good to me we can code it up at te workshop :) Benny could you please send me the screen set?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006, 09:32:10 AM »
Brian, everything is placed on the set, and I have set every thing that I know how to do. The rest is up to you :)

I have deliberatly left the slider in there even though its a no goer, in the hope that lots of people will make posts saying that it does not work, and Art will get the hint that he should initiate it :)

If you get it going at the show, I want someone to make a video of it winding. Please :)
In fact I want lost of video footage of all the activity there. I will then make a download section dedicated to the show.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006, 09:39:01 AM by ynneb »
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2006, 10:07:21 AM »
here are the pics I promised

ynneb

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 07:55:25 PM »
Supurb job, Patanke. This will be a show stopper at the conference.

This is eactly how I was hoping this project to progress. A good team effort happening here.

Dont forget to make a tensioning system too. Probably two bits of thick felt mounted in an adjustable clamp would do the trick.

Gee I wish I could come to the show and see it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:28:49 PM by ynneb »
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2006, 11:11:31 PM »
wow
Thats as nice a bit of engineering as i have seen in a while Good work
could you imagine something like that but with a six meter long bed on it.
Because I can