Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:14:09 PM

Author Topic: V2.75 ready for test  (Read 15656 times)

Re: V2.75 ready for test
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2007, 11:28:46 AM »
Its on Newfangled, but the link is still broken. Here is a direct URL that will work.

http://www.newfangledsolutions.com/downloads/Manual-V2-75.pdf

vmax549

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2007, 10:07:43 PM »
Hi ROn good job. Just a couple of highlites to consider.

Page 14  Start Position Button  should read as "XY reference position" same with screenpage.

Page16/17  Start angle decription should read the same as page 11 start angle description

Operational:

Cut circle grooving does not appear to cut correctly it appears to be using a lead in arc instead of inline feed. Only simulated did not actually cut it but both the circle and groove produce identical code in simulation???

Thread milling an inside thread SHOULD cut from bottom to top not top to bottom. If you cut from top to bottom you are driving the mill INTO the chip load not away from it. Good way to break small expensive thread mills.

Would be nice to include the G84 threading function in wizards that have drill patterns. Half of the holes we drill are threaded. Contrary to popular belief Mach does an excellant job with SR tapping using the G95/Gg84 tapping cycle.

Wizards do a good job if you are just one offing programs but without being able to SET top of material height it is pretty much handicapped from producing usefull full program code.

Just some thoughts, (;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2007, 10:55:09 PM »
Ron you might want to check the thread milling wizard it looks like the inside and outside processes are swapped.

Also there appears to be a lead in problem with what should be the inside process. It gouges down thru the thread then moves in and starts the helix upward.

(;-) TP

vmax549

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »
Ron if you need any help just holler. I can build screens and modify JPGs if needed. I could also update the MACH help file system so when you right click on the item it brings up the help wizard. I have mine set to speak the file also. I notice most of the NFW functions are empty in the help file.
(;-) TP
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2007, 05:38:22 PM »
I just updated the wizard in reply 1 of this topic. I found a bug in the surface wizard that was not handling the top of material correctly- it actually dives into the work and tries to cut the last pass first. Not good !
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2007, 07:21:49 PM »
Mach is real good at telling us a problem is in line number such & such, so then i count 1 2 3 4 .  . . .. ..347 348 ! can we get a button for number / renumber ?
CRUISER
  Don

vmax549

« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »
Hi RON, did you get a chance to check out the thread milling wizard yet?

(;-) TP
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2008, 07:05:43 PM »
Hi Ron,

Will you be fixing the circular groove problem soon?

Scott
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2008, 09:47:25 PM »
I just today did a major re-write of the thread milling wizard, and I think its now correct. Ive sent it off to Brian to put in the Mach kit.

I also corrected the tool table screen, it now includes the description field, and correctly handles metric tool parameters.

I have not worked on the circular groove yet. I will try to get to it tomorrow.