Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:16:40 PM

Author Topic: Deskengrave cutting double lines  (Read 4689 times)

Deskengrave cutting double lines
« on: November 23, 2007, 01:12:13 PM »
Hi everyone,
                 I've been playing with cnc for a while but I'm really still a newbie at this. Here's my problem : when I use a stick font in Deskengrave it double cuts some of the lines. I've used the same font before with my old set-up ( Desknc running under Dos) and it worked fine. Now I have upgraded to Mach3 and Windows Xp I am having problems with it. Has anyone else come across this? Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks, Trevor

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
Re: Deskengrave cutting double lines
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »
Check your part program, or post it here. You could have a post processed file on multiple layers.

Whacko
Nothing's impossible
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »
Hi Whacko,  thanks for your prompt reply. I probably didn't explain well enough but I think the problem is with Deskengrave as the double lines show up when I generate (create) the program initially (in Deskengrave). For instance, the letter V has four lines (two at different angles to the other two) and when I load and cut the g code file I get exactly what was shown in Deskengrave. Since my system worked ok in Dos I was wondering if it could be a conflict in Windows XP and thought someone else might have come across it before.

Trevor

Offline Whacko

•  239 239
  • Happy Days
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2007, 04:56:22 PM »
It could very well be. Are you running Deskengrave in a Dos box? I haven't got Deskengrave but have experienced it with another dos based program that was originally designed to tutor students gcode. The graphics overlay of XP is different than dos or the previous OS's like win98 and millenium. It is a pity though, but if you want to go to the trouble and depending on your desktop, you could install dos on the same computer with an OS boot facility that will let you choose which OS you want to boot up with. Does Deskengrave export dxf or gcode?"
You could also try this, rightclick on the Deskengrave .exe file and choose properties. Under Compatibility, tick the option "run in Win95 compatibilty". It's a long shot, but might work.

Whacko
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:01:00 PM by Whacko »
Nothing's impossible
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:23:09 PM »
Hi Whacko, thanks for that info. I did some experimenting and found that a file created on my old computer (win98) then loaded into Mach3 worked OK so the fault is obviously with XP as you suggest. For the moment I am happy to create the files I want on my laptop (also Win98) and transfer them over. Incidentally, all the other fonts work OK under XP - go figure. To answer your question, Deskengrave exports in DXF or gcode.

Thanks again for your help,  Trevor