Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:55:48 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 Plugin Tutorial Document and Prototype File Set  (Read 139703 times)

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
Re: Mach3 Plugin Tutorial Document and Prototype File Set
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2008, 10:57:27 AM »
Thanks! I wound up removing the dialog and recreating it and adding the event handler class again. In hindsight I probably could have gotten away with just removing and adding back in the event handler class but I was getting strange errors from the dialog header telling me the the IDC I gave the form was no good. This was a result, evidently, of not having the rest of the #includes in the header.

That compiler errors in C++ really stink. About 50% of the time what they say is useless....grump, grumble...., 45% of the time it is hard to relate what they say to changes you just made in your code, 5% of the time they are dead on....
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:07 AM »
I FEEL your PAIN my Brother.................

scott
fun times

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 10:13:53 AM »
OK, so if one is using a modeless dialog with Mach, how do you obtain a pointer to the CXMLProfile when your dialog needs to write back to the profile? When using a modal dialog its not a problem as you create/show the dialog in 'void myConfig(CXMLProfile *DevProf)' and then save any changes when you dialog returns. DevProf evidently is NOT a static pointer as simply copying it for later use does not work..

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2008, 07:45:50 PM »
Hey Jeff,

for what it is worth, that is why I use the Modal dialog, I am too stupid to make the modeless work...........
No probs with modal, as you say above.

Scott
fun times

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 08:18:55 PM »
I talked to Brian a bit about this and found out the problem. You can only access the profile in myConfig, or perhaps the myClose (not sure that is the right name) as Mach is using it the rest of the time. I decided to launch a separate modeless dialog when I want a diagnostic type dialog.

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2008, 05:43:57 AM »
Hello,

I am shopping for Visual Studio 2003 and have found the following variations:

•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional Edition
•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect
•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Developer
•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Academic Edition

I am planning to work on the 3d Video Plugin. Which of these VS2003 are suitable for compiling Mach3 plugins and which are not suitable?

Is there any other special  software that I will need to access USB cameras?

Is there any documentation on accessing USB cameras?

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:36 AM »
Hello,

I am shopping for Visual Studio 2003 and have found the following variations:

•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional Edition
•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Architect
•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Enterprise Developer
•   Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Academic Edition

I am planning to work on the 3d Video Plugin. Which of these VS2003 are suitable for compiling Mach3 plugins and which are not suitable?

Is there any other special software that I will need to access USB cameras?

Is there any documentation on accessing USB cameras?

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net

Hi, I am using the Academic version.  The only real difference is that the Academic does NOT contain an optimizing compiler.  That said I usually compile non-optimized no matter what Microsoft compiler I am using.  The optimizations cause more trouble than they are worth.  Get the professional if you can afford it, but the Academic works just fine.  Search the Codeproject forum and the MSDN for info about USB camera interfaces.

-James Leonard
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2008, 01:21:01 AM »
Hello James,

I downloaded and used your three files. Great job. A few problems but they had already been solved for others on this forum so I applied those solutions. That document must have been a lot of work for you to do.

So now it is time to start working on my own plugin. Research has pointed me in the direction of the MSDN SDK for sample files that will show me how to get snapshots from a webcam. I have Visual Studio 2003 Pro. Which SDK should I be looking for download and for CDROM and can you provide a links?

I considered that Visual Studio 2003 might include the SDK but I have not found what I need on my hard drive. Maybe it is on the install disks and I just did not install it.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2008, 10:16:51 AM »
Hello James,

I downloaded and used your three files. Great job. A few problems but they had already been solved for others on this forum so I applied those solutions. That document must have been a lot of work for you to do.

So now it is time to start working on my own plugin. Research has pointed me in the direction of the MSDN SDK for sample files that will show me how to get snapshots from a webcam. I have Visual Studio 2003 Pro. Which SDK should I be looking for download and for CDROM and can you provide a links?

I considered that Visual Studio 2003 might include the SDK but I have not found what I need on my hard drive. Maybe it is on the install disks and I just did not install it.

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net

Hi Tom,

I'm glad you found the tutorial useful.  You can use DirectX or Video For Windows.  Here is a link to VFW on MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms713492(VS.85).aspx

There are also quite a few articles on CodeProject.

-James
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »
Hello James,

> You can use DirectX or Video For Windows.

I found AMCap and PlayCap video capture source files in DirectX 9.0. I have started a new thread called simply "Video" with instructions for downloading, unzipping, and installing DirectX 9.0.

I am having trouble figuring out how to use AMCap source as a model for a video based plugin like a video probe.

Can you take a look. Perhaps enhance your tutorial to include video preview and access to a single video frame on demand? Or perhaps modify AMCap just enough that it can run as a standalone and provide a single video frame chunk of memory to a Mach plugin on demand. 

Tom Hubin
thubin@earthlink.net