Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 09:03:41 PM

Author Topic: mach 3 and vista  (Read 9867 times)

Offline skaha

•  57 57
  • My first attempt
    • View Profile
mach 3 and vista
« on: November 17, 2007, 02:20:02 PM »
Hi, I saved my mach 3 from my old computer (XP) and loaded it onto my new computer (vista 32), all went well with reg change etc., until I came to "go to C:\mach3 folder and right click driver test exe." I can not find driver test exe in the mach folder. Where do I go from here? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Terry ???

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
Re: mach 3 and vista
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »
You may have to download a version and reinstall it. I would save all the older stuff to a different folder though. Just as a backup.
Lee

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »
I have a problem in Vista the drivertest  thing doesn't run. I've done the install reboot thing and run as admin even though it didn't ask me to reboot. One question I've got is I've seen a screen dump from a friends PC and on it the icons for Mach 3 mill are in grey scales but mine are in colour. Does this mean mine hasn't installed the correct version or something. Mine isn't registered yet as I haven't finished building the CNC mill yet and want to get everythign working before I go the whole hog. Thanks for any insight.

Offline Leeway

•  149 149
    • View Profile
    • LeeWay Workshop, LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 08:34:40 AM »
There is a file that Art posted in this forum that you need to install if you haven't yet.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,2385.0.html

It's the memoryoveride.zip.

As for screen dump, I'm not sure what that is, but my Vista computer runs in color even though I have turned off all the cutsie features.
Lee

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:07 AM »
Sorry I forgot to mention I'd installed the memory override thing. I'm sure I'll get to the bottom of it when I've got a few minutes to fiddle. I was just curious about the icon thingy ie I could be doing something wrong in the mach installation or somehow getting an older version. I also thought after writting this that the pals version is probably registered and as I said mine isn't so maybe they change colour once registered. Thanks for your reply matey.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
Think the grey or coloured Icons depend on what rev of Mach you are using, older ones tended to be coloured, newer rev seem to be grey.
Hood

Offline Perfo

•  143 143
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 06:13:07 AM »
It's all working now. Downloaded the software again went through all the steps again and didn't expect any difference but hmmm..there it was working. The pulse train isn't very healthy though but that shouldn't be a problem once I get my smoothstepper :-) . Thanks for all your input.