Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:24:38 AM

Author Topic: Upgraded to 2.6  (Read 2937 times)

Upgraded to 2.6
« on: November 22, 2007, 10:00:37 PM »
from 1.9 and I have a few questions.

1) I need to use backlash. Should I not use CV and if I should not what is the proper way to turn it off.

2) When I use the proper (or any size) rotational diameters the tool path does not display correctly.  I have the A axis enabled is there something else I need to adjust?  The part is displayed with to large a diameter in 2.6 and it looks fine in older versions.

Thanks

Dan

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Upgraded to 2.6
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »
I think backlash works well now, never used it myself though. I seeing that that there are a few more settings and once set it makes all the difference, do a search for Backlash and you will find these settings as I remember seeing Brett (chaoticone) mentioning them in the last few days.

Hood
Re: Upgraded to 2.6
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 05:11:46 PM »
Hood,

Thanks for the reply I was concerned because I saw a thread where Brain mentioned an issue but i guess I did not realize how old it was:

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,411.0.html

So far I have cut some fairly complex models and everything seems to be fine.  The display problem was something I was doing wrong it now displays the rotary model fine.

I do wish there was more information on how to use the variables for backlash speed % and shuttle accel to minimize the delay between moves.  I guess the shuttle accel sounds straight forward but there must be a reason why it is ajustable?

Thanks

Dan