Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:36:03 AM

Author Topic: Wait on Hypertherm XFER output?  (Read 4897 times)

Wait on Hypertherm XFER output?
« on: January 29, 2007, 06:57:07 PM »
I have a Hypertherm G1000 plasma cutter.  It has an output called XFER, which goes high when then the arc is successful at the beginning of a cut.  I've configured the XFER line to a general purpose input on Mach3.  What do I need to insert into my G-code to wait for this input to go high?  For example, if I want to make a 1-inch cut, what code would I need to add after M03 to wait for this input?

G00 X0 Y0
M03
* would like to insert something here to wait for an input to go high *
G01 X1
M05

Any help appreciated ...

Re: Wait on Hypertherm XFER output?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:09:06 PM »
You are going to have to make an Mcode to do that :( I would put a SystemWaitFor() .. Check out the Mach2 Customization Doc for details on how to use it.

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 12:00:59 PM »
I did not find much information on how to use the SystemWaitFor function in the customization.pdf. Can you post an example for me since I am not  too good of a programmer ? I have a Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter with a similar pin to sense when the torch is lit.

vmax549

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:23:50 PM »
Brian could you not use the Mpump or Brains to monitor the input and set a Gcode Var that would control a G04 P####.
If I remember there are Ifs & ands available as a Gcode logic.

Just a thought, (;-) TP
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 03:32:32 PM »
I think you can... I need to test it and see...

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

vmax549

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 04:31:31 PM »
How long a period of time are we talking to normally establish the arc??? When the arc starts how long, if you do not move, before the arc shuts off?

I think the Mcode would be simpler(;-)

(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 04:34:39 PM by vmax549 »

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 08:09:44 PM »
Well I got bored and tried the gcode approach and it can work with an input signal from the hypertherm. You would use a MACH input to see the signal. You would then need to set up a Brain or Mpump to updata a GCODE Var if the signal state changes. THen set a permanent Var #100= 3sec    ( or a normal delay to allow the arc to start)

G04 P[#100] (as the dwell starts if the input signal changes state then the Var is reset to 0 then when the current dwell loop ends it will start a 0 time dwell
G04 P0           that will end the dwell ladder loop, IF it does not see the signal then it continues into the second loop in the ladder at the same dwell time
G04 P[#100]   as the first loop. after completion of the second loop the program will continue. You can adjust the dwell time to the normal start arc time)
                   ( WHen the signal goes back to the original state the brains resets the value of the #100 back to the original time delay]

You could set up as many ladder loops as needed.

You could set up a permenat #100 value so you would not have to remember to set it up. Use an out of the normal Var# to avoid overwriting of the var.

BUT the SIMPLE approach would be to just set up a MCODE to wait on the signal to proceed as Brian suggested (;-)

Just playing with Gcode,(;-) TP
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:15:53 PM by vmax549 »