Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 01:21:21 PM

Author Topic: Odd Jogging Behaviour  (Read 309 times)

Odd Jogging Behaviour
« on: January 17, 2024, 03:22:13 AM »
Hi All.
I am helping a friend build a mach3 based controller for a plasma cutter.
He has a bitsensor ethernet controller which was itself a bit of a pain to get communicating.  I have got it to a point where mach3 recognises the inputs for limits etc so it is certainly communicating.
Re jogging, it is exhibiting odd behaviour.  When you jog on 1 axis, all axis respond at the same time.  This is both on the phsical step and direction pis and the on screen displays.  As fault finding, I have disabled all of the inputs for external MPG's as well as trying differnent soft keys.
It seems that this might be related to the dll plugin but it has no settings that can be configured. Also the controller dll seems to be over riding the config settings (will not allow me to disable the e stop input, so I have inverted it as none is currently connected).
Has anybody seen any similar behaviour from the bitsensor or any other boards.  (As it is a plugin unique to the board, I cannot try any others).
Thanks for your help.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,201 9,201
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Odd Jogging Behaviour
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 09:46:50 AM »
Hi Bruce from NZ,

Perhaps not what you want to hear but it is the best advice you could be given…

Junk the Bitsensor board, save yourself a lot of time and hassle, and buy a USA or EU manufactured motion controller which has a greater degree of support. That way you will be able to build a reliable machine capable of producing quality work.

Plasma cutters have a particular set of requirements (such as pierce delay, torch height control, etc., etc.) and these are just not fully supported by the Bitsensor.

Tweakie.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 10:21:42 AM by Tweakie.CNC »
PEACE