Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 05:06:08 PM

Author Topic: Brains on Custom saw project  (Read 353 times)

Brains on Custom saw project
« on: November 29, 2023, 03:59:15 PM »
Hi
I am making a custom screenset for a chainsaw mill.
After days and days testing and figuring with brains,.....my brain i about to pop:)
This is not at all similar to my dayjob automation coding in PLCĀ“s.
However, it should be posssible I think....if one knows the strengths and weaknesses of brains development

I will try to explain my needs, and maybe someone would like to have some fun out of trying to explain or figure out how o code this

First I will explain how the cycle of the process should work I have an electric chainsawmill with an atv 28 vfd on modbus, and a atv31 to run the saw back and forth.

I have set up dros to sert lsp and hsp in the screenset for the different drives.
What I need the brain to do is as follows.

1: press a custom button on the screenset to start chainsaw vfd#1 over modbus, then a 3 second timer delay on before the start feed saw ,also over modbus to vfd#2
(The atv 31 and 28 used need to send a modbus value of 6 to set vfd ready for system start, then a value of 15 for fwd movement)
It should send a speed value for forward movement as well via modbus

2: when saw is moving towards the end, I have a limitswitch read over modbus that should stop the chansaw and feed. This is done by either cancelling the value 15 or sending value 4111 to the same word

3: Then there is a second button that is for reversing and it should only start vfd#2 in reverse by sending value 2063
Simultaneously I need to set the LSP setting over modbus to a new value for reverse running (to speed up the return)

4 when the saw reaches the limitswitch at home it should stop movement by sending the value 4111 over modbus

Then the cycle is complete

The limit switches are read via modbus as well (actually inputs on one of the vds)

I know this is pushing it, but it would be really cool to see if it was possible to automate without addinga plc, or a microcontroller with for instance open plc on it.

Maybe I explained this kinda ackward, but english is not my native language.

So if anyone would like to see if this is possible, please advice:)

Best reg
Roy

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
Re: Brains on Custom saw project
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 07:08:41 AM »
in this case i would only do the modbus comunication via brain and do the rest in a VB script.
to interact between Brain and VB Script you can use OEMDro's an OEMLed's.

you can also do the comunication in VB script (never tesed it), but if you search for

Macro Modbus

her in the forum you will find a lot of information about it.
i would prefer VB script, because IMHO it is easier to handle like brain.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.