Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 07:25:37 AM

Author Topic: Unidirectional creep - help  (Read 1108 times)

Unidirectional creep - help
« on: September 06, 2023, 08:33:24 AM »
Never in the years I've used mach3 have I had this issue and not been able to solve it!

Currently I'm trying to run a simple engraver from mach3 via a parallel port to save a friend some cash.

Setup: generic mach3 breakout board, dm556 drive and a nema 23 stepper online Motor.  This is a belt drive machine and the axis I'm having issues with is the y

So far, I've tried every suggested on this forum with no luck, the only thing that works is attaching a uc100 motion controller.  Solves it instantly.

I've tried 2 cheap boards, a spare hg08 board, a cheap usb CNC board. Nothing changes.  I've tried 3 parallel port computers, nope.  Usb port on a laptop and a usb breakout board, nope.

Tried 4 different drivers.
Tried separate power supplies for every component.  Tried earthing a single side of the shielding on all control and motor cables.

Tried changing active low etc in ports and pins, nope.

Go back to parallel port and it's back, the dial indicator on the first movement being correct and as I move back and forward what was 5mm becomes, 4.89, 4.71 and the 0 point grows in one direction as well .

I get perfect movement with a motion controller and I don't know why and its driving me nuts!!

Help, anyone!
Always learning, it's never ending!
Re: Unidirectional creep - help
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2023, 04:19:01 PM »
Hi Sooty1986,

I am curious to learn more about your issue.  Can you please elaborate?  I'm not necessarily saying that I can help however it sounds very similar to an issue I am having.  I have an issue where my z axis drops gradually during cutting operations.