Hello Guest it is April 28, 2024, 01:42:23 PM

Author Topic: changing PC ID  (Read 1845 times)

Offline gld

•  6 6
    • View Profile
    • Gary Davison
Re: changing PC ID
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 08:39:11 AM »
Finally got my new license on Tuesday, along with this note:

On Tue, 14 Nov 2023 22:05:10 +0000 (UTC), "Automation Technology Inc." <automationtechinc@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Gary

We only keep 4 year record
    We can not find anything from database
    Do you have any invoice ?
    When did you pay it?

So I'm already signed up here, can I pass along my details, and have them attached here. I feel I can get better support here. I did return a copy of my invoice too them and got another copy of the license the next day.

Gary

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,200 9,200
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2023, 09:38:20 AM »
Hi Gary,

See if you can set up a users account.  https://www.machsupport.com/my-account/

If not then contact Artsoft / NFS directly and ask them if an acount can be created on their database.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline gld

•  6 6
    • View Profile
    • Gary Davison
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2023, 12:37:12 PM »
I'm confused, why do I need another account.
Gary
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2023, 01:08:46 PM »
Your Machsupport Forum account and your Machsupport License Management account are separate accounts.

I suspect that you do not have a Machsupport License Management account since you got your license through Automation Technologies.

Try to log in here>   https://www.machsupport.com/my-account/

If you cannot log in there, then you do not have a Machsupport License Management account and cannot update the license yourself because the license is in Automation Technologies name and only they can make changes to the license. This arrangement was how resellers were originally required to handle licenses. More recently it was possible for resellers to issue a "Coupon" which purchasers could use to pay for the "purchase" of their license on the Machsupport License Management account and be able to manage their license for themselves. It may be possible to have your license converted to the new method, but I am not sure of how this is done. You would need to work with Machsupport and Automation Technologies to arrange get it changed.

Steve Stallings
www.PMDX.com

Offline gld

•  6 6
    • View Profile
    • Gary Davison
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2023, 02:04:40 PM »
Hi,

I have created a Mach account user name" gld-5458 '. 
I will send an email to Automation Technology  requesting them to forward my license info to Machsupport, see what happens.

Thank you for your help.

Gary
Gary