Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 12:21:16 PM

Author Topic: Set Tool Number in Gcode?  (Read 1823 times)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: Set Tool Number in Gcode?
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2023, 07:14:04 PM »
On the FTP page, development versions. It's quirky in any browser I use, but hover over the Mach4Hobby versions and you'll see the version in the status line. It'll be the last Mach4Hobby one at the moment, until a newer version comes out!!!

https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/
--
Tom
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2023, 07:55:38 PM »
Didn't work. I put "M61 1" in as the first line. Ran the code and changed to tool 2 and program ended

Ran again and the tool number never changed back to tool one and never stopped for the tool change. Drotoolnumber stays number 2.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 07:58:35 PM »
Did you mean M61 Q1?
--
Tom
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2023, 08:10:24 PM »
I do now lol. Went back and read the docs again and realized I missed the Q. All good now. Works like I was hoping it would. Now I can change my M6 macro back to original. Thank you!

Quick question!  Does the screen load file always get overwritten when installing a newer version. I'm going to install this tomorrow and I'll have to edit it again to get my cycle start button working again.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2023, 12:23:00 AM »
It is on the FTP site with the development versions.

https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/Mach4Hobby_Installer-4.2.0.5194.exe

Here is the directory for future reference.  https://www.machsupport.com/ftp/Mach4/DevlopmentVersions/

Steve

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2023, 12:27:13 AM »
Quick question!  Does the screen load file always get overwritten when installing a newer version. I'm going to install this tomorrow and I'll have to edit it again to get my cycle start button working again.

You should install a new profile based off of the stock profiles.  If you edit the screen, you should rename it in the screen's properties.  Or else, yes, it will get overwritten with new version installs.  There is a whole post on this forum about all of that stuff somewhere.  Maybe someone will link it if I can't find it. 

Steve
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2023, 04:40:33 AM »
I do have new profiles with custom names but still had to edit to enable my cycle start button. Oh well thanks again. Now if I could jog from the keyboard on startup this setup will be perfect.

I bookmarked the ftp page incase something I didn't know I needed gets implemented.  Thanks again.
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2023, 05:44:10 PM »
Just wanted to come back and say thanks. Mill ran a dozen parts and was flawless. Acted exactly as I wanted it to. Thank you for all your help.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2023, 05:21:17 PM »
 Awesome!  You are most welcome.  :)