Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 03:20:49 PM

Author Topic: I cant understand what is wrong with my code?  (Read 1904 times)

Re: I cant understand what is wrong with my code?
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2023, 03:31:57 PM »
Im pretty stoked, I actually worked that out myself. Thats huge because not long ago I would have had no idea. Ok. Done with VB now. Done with Mach 3 locking up and freezing whilst I am working with the script editor. It works and now I am going to use my little cnc lathe to do a lot better than I can hand spinning a wheel. My next mission is to get LUA sussed for Mach 4.

Yesterday I cut a piece of 20mmm mild steel into a part with a M16 thread that wound the nut on in a way I would have been happy if it was a real part. I have a piece that took me over half a day to manufacture by hand that I need to make a lot more of. It has a LH and a RH M18 x 1mm thread on each end. It simulates at completion in 4 minutes.

Tell you what though, I am most certainly not a lathe machinist and the Fusion default cutting speeds and feeds are really aggressive. Although not aggressive enough to break the chips when turning 6061 I had a huge straight coil of swarf peel off the machine winding out into my workshop. Never seen that before, super dangerous I reckon. Perhaps I need to change the style of turning.

Probably not the correct forum but I now need to look into the best inserts to use to avoid this or minimilise it anyway.

Ok. Well. Now I understand what was wrong with my code. Pretty happy to get it working and thanks to all. This is what its all about huh?